cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just started business and approved for Capital One Spark Classic

tag
RockHaven

Just started business and approved for Capital One Spark Classic

Hey guys just to let you know if you are looking for a starter business credit card Capital One offers the Spark Classic. I just started a business filled as a corporation April 1st, today April 6th I applied and was approved for the basic limit of 500. I did have to enter my personal info and I do have a personal card with them as well not sure if that made a difference or not. The APR is high 22.9% and the limit is low, this card has no annual fee and is advertised as a step up card in reference to the limit. Says that if paid on time for the first 3 months, 5th billing statement will reflect CL increase

My personal scores are around 600 give and take 10pts with all three TU being the highest. I'll keep you updated on how much the increase was once I get it.

Chapter 7 Filed 8/24/15
Creditors Meeting 9/30/15
Discharged ?

Can't wait to start rebuilding...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Just started business and approved for Capital One Spark Classic

@RockHaven wrote:

Hey guys just to let you know if you are looking for a starter business credit card Capital One offers the Spark Classic. I just started a business filled as a corporation April 1st, today April 6th I applied and was approved for the basic limit of 500. I did have to enter my personal info and I do have a personal card with them as well not sure if that made a difference or not. The APR is high 22.9% and the limit is low, this card has no annual fee and is advertised as a step up card in reference to the limit. Says that if paid on time for the first 3 months, 5th billing statement will reflect CL increase

My personal scores are around 600 give and take 10pts with all three TU being the highest. I'll keep you updated on how much the increase was once I get it.

Welcome to the forum,

Congratulations on your new card and successful corporation setup. You should receive a letter stating after you complete your credit step program what your new credit limit will be.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@RockHaven wrote:

Welcome to the forum,

Congratulations on your new card and successful corporation setup. You should receive a letter stating after you complete your credit step program what your new credit limit will be.

Welcome to the MyFico Forums!

Congrats on your new credit card!  Feel free to browse around and read threads, or insert your own experiences here.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the MyFico Business Credit Community.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@RockHaven wrote:

Yes, The Capital One Business Cards are backed and secured by your credit and it will report to your credit report each month.  It also pulled a Hard Pull on each of your 3 Credit Reports when you applied.  But congrats on the new approval and Congrats on the new business.  With Scores in the low 600's, This might actually continue to help you in your personal credit building as well as business.

Message 4 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with CreditAddict! Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

FYI

Be sure and pay off before statement cuts if possible because it reports on your personal CR as well and as a result may affect your UTL.

It reports to all 3 business CA's and shows on my personal CR as business credit card. 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 9
RockHaven

thanks

Chapter 7 Filed 8/24/15
Discharged ?

Message 7 of 9
sccredit
Valued Contributor

10 to 1 your new limit will be $750

Message 8 of 9
RockHaven

We shall see still waiting on card and letter 

Chapter 7 Filed 8/24/15
Discharged ?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.