Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLC And the “benefits” of a physical address:

tag
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

LLC And the “benefits” of a physical address:

How much does finalky having a physical location (besides having logistic potential i just have been cutoff from for years while very valuable and extensive fully owned tangible assets in inventory just burned a hole in my pocket with dead storage, including tons of items I would ultimately lose due to lack of space) help with chances of more business credit? What are your experiences from those who have experienced either side of an llc or Corp?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Re: LLC And the “benefits” of a physical address:

Nothing? 

@Thermionic_E wrote:

How much does finalky having a physical location (besides having logistic potential i just have been cutoff from for years while very valuable and extensive fully owned tangible assets in inventory just burned a hole in my pocket with dead storage, including tons of items I would ultimately lose due to lack of space) help with chances of more business credit? What are your experiences from those who have experienced either side of an llc or Corp?

Message 2 of 11
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@Thermionic_E wrote:

Nothing? 

@Thermionic_E wrote:

Try limiting this post  to maybe one question, so viewers can understand what you're actually asking?

Message 3 of 11
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

It seems like it doesn't help with the banks that like to rely on personal credit scores, and it helps with the banks that don't.

I do AZEO.
Message 4 of 11
Liberty33
Established Member

I have found that using a home address never limits credit from any lender I have ever encountered for my corporations I have gotten business credit for.  WIth so many working from home now the lenders now allow a home address for any credit they issue.  Just use your home address is the best and cheapest course of action.

But as you say it needs to be a physical address, but home address is fine for that.  Hopefully that works out in your situation and you have a home address to use an alternative.  

Message 5 of 11
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

A home address is a physical address.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 6 of 11
IOBA
Senior Contributor

For every state I have had a business in, with a business license, I have been required (by the state) to list a physical address.

Banks (here, since 911) require proof of physical address for both personal AND business accounts.

EDITED to add - Even the IRS required a physical, verifiable address.  My current business is registered as an LLC.

Message 7 of 11
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

I suppose I worded this all wrong: I was speaking on the benefits of region and internal investigations as many loan underwriters are even considering things like social media now or so it has been claimed. Having a physical address that shows a business park warehouse or a clear building that matches up with your industry could show a great deal of factors that make confidence more viable? I have my home listed as my llc but it is in a dreadful part of the country and I feel like it affects my chances oftentimes in spite of havjng thousands of square feet of stock i store elsewhere, but have no right to claim as my address.

Message 8 of 11
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

I havent ran across the issue you are fabricating and we have been in biz for 22 years.  I send corp docs for proof, they check the states revenue site for confirmation, done.  I use my home address for my corp.  I have a warehouse on the other side of the state.  I dont use that as an address for anything.  Not for mail, Amazon, nothing.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 9 of 11
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@Thermionic_E wrote:

I suppose I worded this all wrong: I was speaking on the benefits of region and internal investigations as many loan underwriters are even considering things like social media now or so it has been claimed. Having a physical address that shows a business park warehouse or a clear building that matches up with your industry could show a great deal of factors that make confidence more viable? I have my home listed as my llc but it is in a dreadful part of the country and I feel like it affects my chances oftentimes in spite of havjng thousands of square feet of stock i store elsewhere, but have no right to claim as my address.

My business uses a home address and is considered to be in a "low income" area.  I had no problem getting a business loan, BLOC and business credit cards. It's all about your personal credit and your credibility, I think it may be your personal credit that may be the issue, not where you business is located.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.