Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLC help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LLC help

Hi to everyone,I have an issue i can't get a straight anwser to.Had a LLc until 2008 when i closed my business.Actually had 2 LLC's

Lawyer i thought dissolved both,but ends up only 1 got dissolved . The one that didn't get dissolved is in suspended status.

I started up business again as a sole prop,but now to get a loan , bank wants me to be LLC to get funded.They say just apply for a new 

LLC.Question is if i apply and use same business name would there be a issue?Or do i  need to change business name?

Thank you for any advice and wish everyone Happy Holidays...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LLC help

In my state, the secretatary of state will not let your form an LLC with the same name as a perviosuly formed LLC. You will have to check your SoS website to see what the laws are. Usaully there is a feature where you can check available names.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although i probably would not wish this on my worse enemy,

You could try calling your state to see if you can close out the suspended one and use the same name

since you are the same owner.

Or perhaps just get it unsuspended.

Hey that may allow you to be "in business" for a long time lol

But it is a long shot, and very depended on your state.

Message 3 of 5
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I imagine, don;t know, it would be worth attempting to revive youe old LLC if there are no issues with it. You may be required to file some additional paperwork, a statement saying there was no income, and pay some back license fees, but may be worth the additional age/history.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 5
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Some states may allow you to use an dissolved name after a period of time gone by. Same with "suspended" businesses, though you would want to check with your state SOS to see if its allowed. Imo, it might be best to start fresh than to use an old name. Even though it would give you the impression that you been in business for years, some banks would then would want to see tax returns to truly reflect that. Some usually dont care if youre going to PG a loan.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.