cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLC vs Incorporation

tag
medic8404

LLC vs Incorporation

As far as business credit is concerned, can you still obtain good credit as an LLC or does a business traditionally gain credit easier as a corporation?

I have been strongly considering an LLC vs Incorporating as my business will be small to medium at most in size.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Re: LLC vs Incorporation

It dosent make a diffrence about business credit if your a LLC, S-CORP, C-CORP.

My company is a LLC, I have no problem getting credit for it.

2wheel
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medic8404 wrote:

As far as business credit is concerned, can you still obtain good credit as an LLC or does a business traditionally gain credit easier as a corporation?

I have been strongly considering an LLC vs Incorporating as my business will be small to medium at most in size.

An LLC is a corporation (Limited Liability Corporation).  It really depends on what you want to accomplish.  If you are merely protecting assets and liability, an LLC or Sub-S are often used to avoid double taxation that will occur in a C Corp if you have any taxable income within it.

But all forms of the corporation can obtain credit.

Message 3 of 4
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

I have 3 seperate llcs, 2 of which Ive built credit on. I have them set up as subs and one is the parent. I have heard people having Corps getting bigger lines of credit. I know, though, that in some states corps have to pay $500 a year in tax minimum, so if your using it as a shelf corp kinda thing, that's alot to pay if its not a revenue generating operation yet.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.