Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late on Chase Business Unlimited

tag
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Late on Chase Business Unlimited

Had a new account and forgot that 0.0% APR doesn't mean you don't have a minimum payment. Left an unpaid charge of $5.01 for a day or two after it was due and got a fee because of it.

Here are my other penalties:

-Invite in the mail the next week to Chase Private Client.

-A CLI increase from 3k to 6k the next day that I logged in.

I had been wanting that CLI like forever. I requested it with the CSR when I opened the card 4 months ago and was denied. I ran the card up to $2,900 and paid it off multiple times in a billing cycle. But it needed a late on a 5 dollar charge to finally trigger?

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Late on Chase Business Unlimited

I wouldn't put too much stock in correlating your late payment fee with the CLI and invite for private client.

I agree the timing is sus but it's probabaly coincidental.   Also since you seem to be on their good side you could probably call and request a courtesy credit on the late payment penalty.  Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
mikeef
New Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

Had a new account and forgot that 0.0% APR doesn't mean you don't have a minimum payment. Left an unpaid charge of $5.01 for a day or two after it was due and got a fee because of it.

Here are my other penalties:

-Invite in the mail the next week to Chase Private Client.

-A CLI increase from 3k to 6k the next day that I logged in.

I had been wanting that CLI like forever. I requested it with the CSR when I opened the card 4 months ago and was denied. I ran the card up to $2,900 and paid it off multiple times in a billing cycle. But it needed a late on a 5 dollar charge to finally trigger?

No, that is not the reason, it's just a coincidence and I'll explain why. I have all 3 Business Ink cards and 3 personal Chase cards, so I've observed Chase's automated credit card underwriting closely for the last 7 years. You were already going to get an increase for paying down your balances. How do I know? Every time I got an automatic increase on my cards was when the statement closed after paying balances down 75-100%. 

Also, call Chase about the $5, ask them to review how you've paid down bigger balances and tell them that you miscalculated and thought you had a zero balance, I would not say you thought there was no minimum payment on 0%. They'll see your track record of paying down balances and know you would not intentionally let $5 stain your account, and most likely remove the late fee. Plus, calling them shows you're serious about taking care of your account. They use software based algorithms to see the behavior of clients that never default vs those that do and calling in to explain and apologize for mistake is habit of a person that doesn't default. 

Message 3 of 5
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I wouldn't put too much stock in correlating your late payment fee with the CLI and invite for private client.

I agree the timing is sus but it's probabaly coincidental.   Also since you seem to be on their good side you could probably call and request a courtesy credit on the late payment penalty.  Smiley Happy

I used your adviced and called about the late fee. The CSR said they would remove it for me which is a nice to have before I apply for too many of their other cards.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Citylights18 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

I used your advice and called about the late fee. The CSR said they would remove it for me which is a nice to have before I apply for too many of their other cards.

That's great, I'm glad they removed the late fee for you, it's refreshing when a call to customer service actually comes through with a win Smiley Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.