Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for my first ever business credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for my first ever business credit card

Alright well let me start off with this is my first post on here. I’m currently considered a “independent contractor” with my company so I don’t pay taxes until the beginning of the year. I was told to create a business account and I’m currently looking for a business credit card for all of my business expenses. My FICO scores were all around 480 08/18 and now my scores are EX658 , EQ634 and TU 669. I have one baddie from a auto loan over 4 years ago and it’s the only negative mark on my credit. I’ve just looking for a decent credit card SL or even a charge card to cover my monthly work expenses. I ALWAYS pay my amount off in full. I make roughly around $75,000 a year as well. I’ve read a lot of articles on here and I just don’t know what card to apply for. Will Greatly appreciate any feed back or information, thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DapprD
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking my first ever business credit card

@Anonymous wrote:
Alright well let me start off with this is my first post on here. I’m currently considered a “independent contractor” with my company so I don’t pay taxes until the beginning of the year. I was told to create a business account and I’m currently looking for a business credit card for all of my business expenses. My FICO scores were all around 480 08/18 and now my scores are EX658 , EQ634 and TU 669. I have one baddie from a auto loan over 4 years ago and it’s the only negative mark on my credit. I’ve just looking for a decent credit card SL or even a charge card to cover my monthly work expenses. I ALWAYS pay my amount off in full. I make roughly around $75,000 a year as well. I’ve read a lot of articles on here and I just don’t know what card to apply for. Will Greatly appreciate any feed back or information, thank you.

I was just around those scores when I got my AMEX Gold Card ... They pulled Experian for me, but i'm in Florida not sure what they will pull for you in your state.  Just letting you know ... good luck, i'm sure some of the experienced guys here will chime in soon.

Starting Score: 567
Current Score: 739
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d try AMEX Small Business cards if I were you- specifically a charge card like the Gold. With your EX score in the 650s, I wouldn’t try for a credit card with AMEX. Even if you were to get approved, it would be a low SL. With a charge card, like the Business Gold for example, you might get the spending power you’re looking for. If you PIF, a charge card wouldn’t be an issue for you either.

If you can’t justify the AF of the Gold and use the perks is provided, there is always the no-frills business Green available too for a lower AF.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m currently living in Florida as well. My Experian score is about to go up because their the only one my auto loan reports to. I just want a decent card that I will use long term. If need be I can pay it off twice in a month that’s fine. Also I’m a travel agent so I would be traveling occasionally.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.