cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to PG new company....any advice?

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to PG new company....any advice?

I'm a fan of the AmEx SimplyCash Business card; I've carried one for several years now.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My business experiences include Chase, Cap1 and AX. Go back to 1998 Sole Prop. Really liked AX. Today I only use Chase Business and find Chase super to work with as they have gone out off their way to satisfy my needs. Have a Cash Rewards type Business card with NPSL Credit Access Line (cross between small business and commercial). Not available to the regular market. Not enough volume to keep several business cards going. AX bent over back words to keep me flowing and I would recommend them. Never had US Bank for Business accounts but they have been great for personal with me. The US Bank Business Edge may be worth exploring.
Message 12 of 25
Insomniac

All of you have been awesome!  I am still weighing it all in.  Been so busy with work, but I will definitely go over your advice as well as go through the archives to dig up more nuggets.

It was brought to my attention that I qualify for Navy Federal.  My fiance's brother is in the Air Force, and I live with my fiance.  She isn't a member, but I am getting her to do it so I can join too via household sponsor, lol...  The reason I brought this up, is because I know about their generous limits and one could easily qualify for $10k for the business card.  Not sure about the rewards though.  I figure if I get 2-3 cards at or around $10k each, it will help me manage my cashflow better.  If I get rewards that's a bonus right now too.  Paying for expenses with my own cash and credit has to stop asap.  My first 6 months tax wise is hodgepodge to say the least.

I think I have narrowed my choices to Chase Ink, Amex Simply Cash and Navy (if I qualify).  I also found a few companies to do the dirty work to build my company with the smaller net 30 stuff and DnB stuff.  I know I shouldn't have to pay someone, but for me it is matter of being efficient with my time.  I am so busy as it is right now.

Will be apping next week, and i will be keeping you guys posted.

Thanks again!

Message 13 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy is no docs pretty much for up to $10k biz.
They are not nearly as easy as personal but that's towards like baddies and you don't have so great option.
It is a bit harder process as it's all real paperwork and signed applications and over the phone with biz rep, no online but once account is set up rep can I put app for biz and it's possible for instant then.
I think those 3 would perfect and pick up a personal navy while your at it!
Do chase and Amex first and then navy since you will pick up a few HP's with them
Message 14 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Insomniac wrote:

All of you have been awesome!  I am still weighing it all in.  Been so busy with work, but I will definitely go over your advice as well as go through the archives to dig up more nuggets.

It was brought to my attention that I qualify for Navy Federal.  My fiance's brother is in the Air Force, and I live with my fiance.  She isn't a member, but I am getting her to do it so I can join too via household sponsor, lol...  The reason I brought this up, is because I know about their generous limits and one could easily qualify for $10k for the business card.  Not sure about the rewards though.  I figure if I get 2-3 cards at or around $10k each, it will help me manage my cashflow better.  If I get rewards that's a bonus right now too.  Paying for expenses with my own cash and credit has to stop asap.  My first 6 months tax wise is hodgepodge to say the least.

I think I have narrowed my choices to Chase Ink, Amex Simply Cash and Navy (if I qualify).  I also found a few companies to do the dirty work to build my company with the smaller net 30 stuff and DnB stuff.  I know I shouldn't have to pay someone, but for me it is matter of being efficient with my time.  I am so busy as it is right now.

Thanks again!

I truly understand time = $$$$$$$$$$$

But your better off building business credit yourself for free

Some of the TL's may not get reported or excepted

DNB does not except everything

I have 2 30 net accounts none of which I use and all were obtained after I got business cards 

So my question to you why spend the money if it really serve no purpose?

My business CR's were started with CC's 

And unless your dealing with Gov contracts most don't want to pay DNB to report when they have the option of EX EQ business

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Insomniac wrote:

Thanks again!

I have 2 30 net accounts none of which I use and all were obtained after I got business cards 

And unless your dealing with Gov contracts most don't want to pay DNB to report when they have the option of EX EQ business

I agree you don't even need business credit to PG the 3 cards you are talking about and those will set you!

the only reason to build business credit otherwise would be if you NEEDED to get credit without PG but if you have the amex, chase, navy, you have no need for it!

Message 16 of 25
Insomniac

Hmmm.....Interesting.

I won't say this company's name, because there really is no point.  This company was telling me that they can do all the leg work for 12 months and methodically build my company up with vendor credit and all this DnB hooplah.  Made my headspin really.  But, you all have been making sense.  

So, in other words, everything should just fall in place?  I read on here through the archives that DnB will create a file for you automatically via Sec of State.  My company was incorporated on 1/31/14.  Still nothing for DnB yet.  I guess each state is different?  I'm in CO if that makes a difference.  

Oh yeah btw, thanks for the navy tip Credit Addict.  Did a little digging and see that they HP like crazy.  Will be saving them for the end, lol....

Message 17 of 25
Insomniac

@Creditaddict wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Insomniac wrote:

Thanks again!

I agree you don't even need business credit to PG the 3 cards you are talking about and those will set you!

the only reason to build business credit otherwise would be if you NEEDED to get credit without PG but if you have the amex, chase, navy, you have no need for it!

Btw, the advice you have both shared here is way better than the biz credit gurus I have been talking to all week Smiley Happy 

Message 18 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the ONLY reason to care about D&B is if you are going after government contracts... otherwise I practically consider them a scam... I'm shocked you haven't been getting sales calls of why you should pay for their credit builder service or to verify your D&B and blah blah... you DONT NEED IT!

Message 19 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

the ONLY reason to care about D&B is if you are going after government contracts... otherwise I practically consider them a scam... I'm shocked you haven't been getting sales calls of why you should pay for their credit builder service or to verify your D&B and blah blah... you DONT NEED IT!

Agreed 

Years ago this was the process of getting business credit established but now a days the 30 net accounts and then the path to non PG CC's and loans don't apply 

Everything will require a PG and if you just want a DNB account it's free to setup for yourself. Just don't buy any of their other services..It's a waste of time and money no matter what they try and sell you SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform/displayHomePage.do

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.