Not applicable

Re: Marriott Rewards Premier Business credit card 100K

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
.....So....it's been a few hours now....and i'm already going nuts. haha. I need a new hobby Smiley Tongue

It could be weeks before you hear back so you better learn patience quickly.

Weeks? Are you trying to kill me? Smiley Tongue 

I kept reading that and didn't think I wanted to put myself through that. When I finally did, I also applied on a Saturday (again, Ink Plus). I checked the auto approval line on Monday and was approved. I called Sunday day and wasn't, but when I talked to someone Monday about expediting my card, they said I had been approved yesterday (so Sunday afternoon or evening). 

Fingers crossed for all on the thread that are playing the waiting game. 

Don't give him hope of  quick decision.  Make him think it will take months.  Builds character Smiley Wink

I'm a millenial. We demand instant gratification. 

Mine took 3 days.  They called me to verify that I applied. But not for this offer though as the offer I got before this new came out was $3,000 for 80,000 points.  So it won't take long to get approved if qualify.

Message 41 of 113
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Figured monday would be the earliest I heard. Thanks for the info tort

Yeah 2 monday's from the one in 2 days Lol

So relax and let it play itself out 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 42 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very tempting.  But my hubby would have to do it.  I'm staying in the garden.  Smiley Wink  Thanks Saleen099!

Message 43 of 113
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Jsu, don't call! Pretend you're gardening Smiley Happy

I think I read the two weeks notice usually means manual review. I just don't have the stomach to go through 101 questions about my credit. I love the Marriott resort in Surfers Paradise,AU so if I get the bonus it's a few more nights for free when I go back in February.
Message 44 of 113
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm not gonna call. I just repeatedly call the automated app status line.

And Ewww! A resort? XD no benefits at them resorts. I'll probably return to the Essex house. Been meaning to go back. If I get these 100k that'll out me at around 260k not counting the few upcoming trips I have.

Also, I was never really good at gardening. :-P
Message 45 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Putting the Chase 5/24 rule aside for the moment, does it ever make sense to apply for two Chase Business cards on the same day - so its one pull?  I have a small business and mostly stay with Marriott so this offer is perfect for me.  However, I was looking at the Chase Ink Plus for everyday pruchases and other travel.  Does it make sense to go for two, or will they freak out.  Is one more valuable than the other?  Opinions please.

Message 46 of 113
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Putting the Chase 5/24 rule aside for the moment, does it ever make sense to apply for two Chase Business cards on the same day - so its one pull?  I have a small business and mostly stay with Marriott so this offer is perfect for me.  However, I was looking at the Chase Ink Plus for everyday pruchases and other travel.  Does it make sense to go for two, or will they freak out.  Is one more valuable than the other?  Opinions please.

I would expect chase to do a HP for each application regardless if you apply for two at the same time. If you stay at Marriott properties a lot that option may be more valuable in your situation, but only you can determine which of the two cards gives the best value for you. 

However UR points do offer more flexibility and overall value than Marriott points. 

Message 47 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious about this, since they do usually/often use the same pull for 2 on the personal side. 

Message 48 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went ahead and did both, may have shot myself in the foot, but guess we'll see.  I have credit monitoring - 1 pull on EXP and 1 on EQ.  My understanding is they do EXP and EQ, so it looks like 2 apps on same day were 1 pull.  Both apps got the dreaded approval pending.  Called the status line both apps are there and both say processing and I will get a response in 2 weeks.  Now I have to sweat.  Most people say don't call.  Those who do get grilled.  I don't fear the grilling, and I wonder if I should explain why I want both.  Also - have 2 personal cards with Chase and a mortgage.  Any thoughts on calling in?

Message 49 of 113
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Impatiently waiting for tomorrow. Hoping to have an answer by then....

if not.....

Message 50 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.