Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchant account no pg?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merchant account no pg?

Has anyone had a merchant account without pg?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Merchant account no pg?

There are alot of feeds related to store cards not requiring PG so do a search. But in the meantime, this is what I've learned from this site:

• Amazon
  • Lowe's
  • Gas Cards (Shell, Exxon, Chevron)
  • Best Buy
  • Sam's Store
  • Sam's Business Mastercard
  • Office Depot
  • Home Depot

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. I wasn’t clear. I mean a merchant account for accepting visa and MasterCard for my business not merchant credit cards.
Message 3 of 8
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Oops, sorry!

Message 4 of 8
RootDet
Established Contributor

Hi,

Yes, you can get a merchant account with no PG. Many ISO offers this, and it does require you to have strong business credit and supply 1-2 years of financial statements (P&L, income sheet, balance sheet, etc). What needs to be delivered to the ISO is a clear picture that in the event of chargebacks, the business has sufficient income and history of repaying debt for them to get the money back.

Now with that said, some business categories are disqualified for no pg, and e-commerce can be a bit tougher than face-face transactions. So it all depends on what you are doing.  This is not for a young business, but if you are in business for a few years, have decent income and profits, you are good to go. You want to at least be past the typical business failure period of 2-3 years, or about 5 for a restaurant. 

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Many require your personal data on hand but don't pull credit.

Sqaure and even Square Capital is no PG.

Message 6 of 8
pamon
Regular Contributor

Agree on square. Using for a few years and is a great service. PayPal handles CC's as well via virtual terminal
Fico 8 Exp 598 Transunion 598 Equifax 596 (7/18/18)
FICO 8 Exp 609 TransUnion 622 Equifax 617 (8/10/18)
FICO 8 Exp 643 Equifax 641 Transunion 655 (9-10-18)
FICO 8 exp 630 Transunion 646 Equifax 627
Fico 8 Exp 646 Transunion 639 Equifax 640 (11/1/18)
Fico 8 Exp 698 Transunion 716 Equifax 690 (1/8/19)
Message 7 of 8
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I would never use Square, do a google search, known for spontaneous shutting down accounts and holding deposits all with no notice. There are reports of people being forced out of business because when square has the whim they cancel account and refuse to deposit the money. There is hardly noone to talk to, you need a code that gets to a basic CSR, but once the account is closed no code. Everything is via email and good luck getting a response or your money. I used them 2 years, out of know where they sent email closing my accoount, luckily they did not have any of my money.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.