Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving CL from one Amex to another

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving CL from one Amex to another

Quick and easy one here.

Would I be able to transfer my CL from my Amex BCE to my Amex Simplycash and close it?

The limit is my highest, and I would hate to have to keep it just for that reason. I never use it anymore.

Wasn't sure as this was from a personal card to a business product. Also wasn't completely sure if you could even do this with any Amex card, I have only ever done this with a Chase card...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Moving CL from one Amex to another

I've seen Amex do this ...Ymmv

Didn't know Chase will ....interesting 

Also moving to business forum 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't aware that you could move CL from personal to business with Amex but according to Baller's new business thread, according to MJ you can (and they did automatically). 

However, I'm betting there's still the 13 statement wait on the donor card, in case that puts a crimp in your plans. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may reallocate your credit limit from a consumer account to an OPEN account. You just can't reallocate from OPEN to consumer. Please contact customer service to have this request submitted.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I was hoping you guys would say it is possible.

And the 13 statement cut is fine I believe I have had to for roughly 2 years by now.

Also, with the donor card being 2 years old and my Simplycash being 2 months old, would I lose the 24 month card on my AAoA or would this backdate my Simplycash? 

Sorry if this is a silly question.

Message 5 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You may reallocate your credit limit from a consumer account to an OPEN account. You just can't reallocate from OPEN to consumer. Please contact customer service to have this request submitted.

Conformation on what I've said for years via Amex personal 

Thanks Pooka 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And the 13 statement cut is fine I believe I have had to for roughly 2 years by now.

Also, with the donor card being 2 years old and my Simplycash being 2 months old, would I lose the 24 month card on my AAoA or would this backdate my Simplycash? 

Does not exists any longer 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, with the donor card being 2 years old and my Simplycash being 2 months old, would I lose the 24 month card on my AAoA or would this backdate my Simplycash? 

This is the only thing stopping me from closing it. It is one of my oldest cards and I don't want my scores getting cut when I am looking to buy my first house next year :/

Message 8 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, with the donor card being 2 years old and my Simplycash being 2 months old, would I lose the 24 month card on my AAoA or would this backdate my Simplycash? 

This is the only thing stopping me from closing it. It is one of my oldest cards and I don't want my scores getting cut when I am looking to buy my first house next year :/

Unless you don't think you'll find a house in 10 years Lol

I wouldn't worry about it because closing it won't hurt your current AAoA or score 

It will still report for up to 10 years and at that point the house will be reporting for 9-10 years 

So if that's what you want ....do it and be done

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless you don't think you'll find a house in 10 years Lol

I wouldn't worry about it because closing it won't hurt your current AAoA or score 

It will still report for up to 10 years and at that point the house will be reporting for 9-10 years 

So if that's what you want ....do it and be done

Hahaha! I think I was a little confused about how AAoA works then, I thought closing your oldest card would hurt your score because it would lower your AAoA?

I guess I was wrong, but I am glad I am.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.