Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Business Aproval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My First Business Aproval!

Been lurking these forums for a few years now, iI created my LLC EIN DUNS ETC  and got Cap1 Sparks with 2k CL....

SOOO... WHAT NOW? LOL

Wait a few months for more?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My First Business Aproval!

@Anonymous wrote:

Been lurking these forums for a few years now, iI created my LLC EIN DUNS ETC  and got Cap1 Sparks with 2k CL....

SOOO... WHAT NOW? LOL

Wait a few months for more?

Congrats on the approval.. I hope you know the CAP 1 business cards report to personal credit reports like your personal cards.  If you need more business cards, you may want to look into Chase, Amex, U.S Bank, BOA and Citi...

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

as long as i get More business credit i dont mind the PG, my business has healthy cash Flow... and me as a manager so.... do i garden the cap 1?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

as long as i get More business credit i dont mind the PG, my business has healthy cash Flow... and me as a manager so.... do i garden the cap 1?

Congrats! Smiley Happy Although the above is a little confusing. Do you mean more business credit as in additional cards that will help your business credit profile? Because the one you were approved for isn't helping to build your business credit as Yes-Its-Me has pointed out. If you mean all you wanted was additional available credit in general then that I understand.

As far as gardening its hard to say. Not sure what your scores are, how many inquiries you have (you likely have 3 inquiries from Cap 1 for this Spark card), AAoA, general credit profile or if you're looking to get a business card that actually reports to business credit in the near future.

Message 4 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats OP

Not sure which card you got you didn't state but BRAVO 

Think I should clear up some things about Cap1 business cards 

Yes they will report to your personal credit reports and thus could affect your UTL but this can easily be managed with multiple payments and knowing when your cut dates are. Easy Pesy

Cap1 cards do in  fact help build business credit and report to EX, EQ, business reports but not DNB 

Most don't report to DNB as they have become to expensive for lender reporting TL's and pulling business CR's (Dinosaur)

Cap1 in fact was my first TL on both reports (EX EQ) business CR's which lead to Amex opening doors and with proper management of the TL it will not affect UTL or scores in fact can help personal credit.

Easiest way for me was to make Cap1 the only card reporting a balance.....then pay in full

Golden rule all cards $0 except one that reports 1-9% Lol (Cap1 business) 

Also to note sometimes the AF cards are not always worth it in the long run when you can get the same thing for free  

6 months after being approved for the sparks classic I contacted EO and asked for my account to be upgraded to the 2%rewards  (approved) so this has been a great card for me with 2% on all purchases with no AF

I passed the trick on to the forum over a 1 1/2 years ago but its very seldom used (shame)

Just putting it out there again Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Cap One business cards report to both personal AND business reports? hmm....thats not what I've read but I'll take your experienced word for it MJ
Message 6 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1 most certainly does report to Personal CR (as does Discover). Amex, Barclays, BoA, Chase, Citi and US Bank do not.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, Sorry for the Confusion. I am Looking to Build Business credit... That is my main goal Rigth now. my credit scores are

EQ 653 TU 665 EXP 670 Though i just moved and had to use one of my CC for my new apt. so il just use my Cap 1 and hope more com in the mail because of good use...

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, Sorry for the Confusion. I am Looking to Build Business credit... That is my main goal Rigth now. my credit scores are

EQ 653 TU 665 EXP 670 Though i just moved and had to use one of my CC for my new apt. so il just use my Cap 1 and hope more com in the mail because of good use...

If you are looking to build business credit, work on getting your score up a little to get decents limits and good cards.  So garden for a while with the new card before applying for anything new..

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months after being approved for the sparks classic I contacted EO and asked for my account to be upgraded to the 2%rewards  (approved) so this has been a great card for me with 2% on all purchases with no AF

I passed the trick on to the forum over a 1 1/2 years ago but its very seldom used (shame)

Just putting it out there again Smiley Wink

Thanks for that tidbit. I too received a Cap1 Sparks card the other day and used it, only to get denied because I tried to make 2 "large" (lol) purchases one after the other. I called the # on the card and they transferred me to the fraud department. After being asked several questions and put on hold for 15 minutes, the lady hung up with me and called me back to be sure it was me that she was dealing with. Then she released the funds and stayed with me on the phone to make sure that my purchase would go through. I asked her about cli and she said I can make the request in 6 months.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.