Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Journey with Dell Business Credit, Web Bank and subsequent Auto CLI's

tag
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

My Journey with Dell Business Credit, Web Bank and subsequent Auto CLI's

Hey Everyone,

I figured I'd give an update on my Dell DBC No PG Credit Line.

Per my original post, I was approved for 5k, then they randomly upped it to 9k, then earlier this month they raised it to 30k and lowered the interest rate twice within the span of less than a year. I've uploaded proof. The CLI's were auto-increased.

Initial account open October 2020

Auto Cli to 9k April 2021

Auto Cli to 30k September 2021

A few Data Points

1. PayDex 80

2. 10+ Tradelines on D&B

3. FICO® SBSS 145 (Young LLC)

5. Heavy usage on the DBC, 10's of thousands of dollars

One unique thing that I did that I have never seen on this forum is I contacted my Dell Account Rep and told them I'd like to wire a 25000 dollar prepayment to my DBC when I initially opened the card (This has to be processed by the "Dell | Financial Services" Department).  One little-known fact about the DBC is Web Bank gives Dell a gigantic amount of leeway and will allow their customers to charge well over the credit limit. But, only if you have Dell apply the pre-payment to the card. One warning, if you do this on a new account, Web Bank will hold the payment for 12-15 days especially if it's a fairly large prepayment.

I highly value my DBC account, especially with the changes to how the 6% cashback works. Being able to leverage the 6% and the zero interest promotions is a lot nicer than the alternatives in my wallet. 

If I can do it, anyone can. If Web Bank gave you a low limit, maybe the above strategy could help you... As always, YMMV.

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot PhotoDBC Proof of Limit IncreasesDBC Proof of Limit Increases

Coming Soon
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TheCreditJunkie

Re: My Journey with Dell Business Credit, Web Bank and subsequent Auto CLI's

Thank you for the great DPs! Did they do a HP on your personal credit? 

Message 2 of 3
ADMYFIC0
Valued Member

Re: My Journey with Dell Business Credit, Web Bank and subsequent Auto CLI's

Congrats on CLI, while that appears to be a large pre-payment.

Have had a pleasing experience with DFS (Webbank) also.

Got approved for $20,000 SL with 29.49% APR; requested for increase to $25,000, NO GO!

Used the card once for $100. And 1 year and 5 months later, automatic increase to $24,000.

Still, no go for $25,000.

Side note:

Have you tried WebBank's other product - PayPal Business Cashback Mastercard? That one seems easy approval as well, with $25,000 SL.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.