cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My app for Amex Patinum Biz Credit Card Declined.

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My app for Amex Patinum Biz Credit Card Declined.

I checked the app status for Amex Platinum Business Credit Card for my business. DECLINED.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: My app for Amex Patinum Biz Credit Card Declined.

Didn't you recently get a Plum card? That would be funny if they denied you because of recent accounts, when it's their account.

Sorry to hear it concord. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
I checked the app status for Amex Platinum Business Credit Card for my business. DECLINED.

sorry to hear that Concorduser -  amex seems to be very irrational lately. i don't think they know what they are doing. I only have one card with them (charge) which i pay in full before my statement cut date - and what do you know, this morning i received that famous e-mail from them - telling me that if I am experiencing any financial difficulties to call this number .  hello? i have zero balance with them and 1% util on my other cards. I don't think they know who they are targeting.  I am not having problems using the card so far but as of this morning, I know i am on their radar.
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Since they set your spending limit at $20000 with Plum and you have a credit card with them and then you add in your spending line of your gold and you have over $35000? exposure with them... you are up there quite high these days considering how they have been.

Now I personally wouldn't really consider credit that I have not spent debt, but they seem to be viewing TOTAL exposure limits as of lately, so look at it that way. 

Message 4 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Reason they gave in the decline is my credit score is low. Last I checked on EX it was around 685.

Message 5 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

your score is too low but they approved you for two other cards with a similar criteria?  i don't get amex at all.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 9
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I am surprised they would not give it to you because of the high annual fee they could collect.  You do have a lot of credit with them now.  So I guess their fear of exposure was greater than their desire to collect the annual fee.  Or maybe you just hit some kind of limit of how many amex cards you can get within a certain amount of time.  Who knows? These days it could be anything.  Then like most others, they kick out some blah, blah, reason for the denial.
Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Only if any one can understand how Amex works. I think they might have a computer system that rejects some of the applications after they are in the wait list. I have been trying to figure how their app processing works. Some times we get instant approval, some times instant decline, some times decline after 2-3 days. Before I could get my Plum approved my app was in pending status close to 10 days and then it is approved. I think they might have a computer system that sorts the app's based on certain criteria and process it for under writers. I bet, if I wait for 6 months and show activitiy on plum card and apply again for another Biz card and use the Plum card number as reference, I would get an instant approval. I am still trying to understand how Amex behaves like several other millions of other customers out there.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm not trying to be an ass, but if i was a creditor i wouldn't have approved you either.

they just approved you for 20k on the plum which is a biz card.

why would they approve you for another card w/out you showing them you've actually used that 20k line successfully for awhile, and that you actually do need additional card/lines.

you have to understand their perspective as well, or *cough* computer perspective which mostlikely is based on same type of principles...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.