Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAV business boost?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NAV business boost?

Just curious if anyone currently uses or used Nav business boost? I just got an email saying they will report $39.99 per month payment to credit bureaus which will improve credit.
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Re: NAV business boost?

Never heard of them and honestly IMO would not recommend this. Put that money towards your monthly payment (if you have any) and trust and follow the process and your credit report and scores will improve. Smiley Wink

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

The question is how many other TL's do you have? If none then I guess it could be worth $40 a month to have them report. That is up to you to decide.

IMO though, I would rather use that $40 towards merchansdise on Quill or Granger. Or any other Vendor that reports, as oppose to paying a subcription fee for the sake of it.

Message 3 of 46
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Apparently, NAV premium is changing as well.

"Today, Nav is excited to announce our newly revamped paid plans. As a loyal Premium customer, you’re the first of our customers to learn about the changes.

Over the past year we’ve added new features to your Nav Premium account like cash flow analysis and full Equifax business credit reports and scores. With today’s relaunch, we’ve added even more value with additions to our identity protection services and, for the first time ever, will be raising the quarterly price to $89.97."

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would only do it if you are already subscribing to the business credit reports. It’ $10 a month above the normal fee for business reports to get the tradeline option. If you don’t subscribe to Nav and only use the free reports, then subscribing to get one tradeline is not worth it imho.

I actually think it’s a good idea from Nav’s perspective and I think people building business credit may find some value in it. Especially if you have a business that does not have physical products and have no use for Quill, Granger, gas, and the other tier 1 trade lines.

Message 5 of 46
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would only do it if you are already subscribing to the business credit reports. It’ $10 a month above the normal fee for business reports to get the tradeline option. If you don’t subscribe to Nav and only use the free reports, then subscribing to get one tradeline is not worth it imho.

I actually think it’s a good idea from Nav’s perspective and I think people building business credit may find some value in it. Especially if you have a business that does not have physical products and have no use for Quill, Granger, gas, and the other tier 1 trade lines.

I agree with that.  I don't know the value of reporting if you have many trades already.  

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw the email today explaning to the new options and then I moved the email into the Nav folder otherwise known as the trash.

Message 7 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can double up that monthly and buy yourself a new tradeline (new net 30) every other month on your own. Smiley Wink Difference is you'll be spending on goods and services that you would have spent on anyway instead of giving the money away.

Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can double up that monthly and buy yourself a new tradeline (new net 30) every other month on your own. Smiley Wink Difference is you'll be spending on goods and services that you would have spent on anyway instead of giving the money away.

Many mordern business have no use for the goods and services traditional vendors that report tradelines provide. So getting tradelines is a challenge several companies are trying to address. 

As for the service Nav provides. it is about 10% the cost of buying the business reports directly. Business credit report are not detailed like personal credit reports anyway so paying D&B or Experian for a little extra detail is not worth it imo 

Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like they will report the trade line to all 3 bureaus.

NEW! Build business credit with all major bureaus

Business Boost gives you full business credit reports and scores from the bureaus that matter, PLUS a new positive tradeline with all three bureaus to help you build business credit faster and track your progress. Nav reports your monthly plan payments to the 3 major business bureaus so you can quickly go from credit ghost to lender-ready, and with no risk of negative payment history. Put your business on the fast-track to strong business credit and avoid the capital headaches most business owners face. Nav has already helped over 11,000 business owners establish business credit.

If you are just starting out looks like it would be a good way to get 3 tradelines for 40 bucks. You could always downgrade after you start getting more tradelines.  

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.