Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAV business boost?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAV business boost?

Well after some consideration, I'm thinking this might be an option for me. ATM I only have one TL reporting to EXBIZ, and very short time.

I don't even know who it is, Quill or Amex. I've had 2 Amex BIZ cards for the past few months, April and May. Then later Quill, so i think it might be Quill reporting. It shows 31 for BIZ Score with 3 for stabilty.  x Business Scoring Worse: 30% The rest ll have green check marks .

For me Quill does offer stuff(household goods) I buy normally at close to the price of my local store, so with free shipping I call it a break even. But I only order about every 2-3 months. So it's not exactly a quick process. I was going to try Granger, but not much there that I can actually use. I wish Amex would report though to show a little more TL experience. 

While I do really like them, i don't want all my BIZ cards to be through them. lol

Message 11 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well after some consideration, I'm thinking this might be an option for me. ATM I only have one TL reporting to EXBIZ, and very short time.

I don't even know who it is, Quill or Amex. I've had 2 Amex BIZ cards for the past few months, April and May. Then later Quill, so i think it might be Quill reporting. It shows 31 for BIZ Score with 3 for stabilty.  x Business Scoring Worse: 30% The rest ll have green check marks .

For me Quill does offer stuff(household goods) I buy normally at close to the price of my local store, so with free shipping I call it a break even. But I only order about every 2-3 months. So it's not exactly a quick process. I was going to try Granger, but not much there that I can actually use. I wish Amex would report though to show a little more TL experience. 

While I do really like them, i don't want all my BIZ cards to be through them. lol

With Quill, you need to order $50.00 min for them to report. 2-3 orders and they should start t report. Grainger you can order batteries. I know you can probably get them cheaper at a local store but to start getting TL you may have to. Uline is good if your company ships anything. Also Fed Ex and UPS you may want to try.

Message 12 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the "modern" business analogy ie. "office" vs blue collar however I still think there are many vendors that sell useful enough items for office heavy businesses. Add $10 to the $40 NAV wants and there is a never ending list of items anyone would need on a daily basis for office or home. Advertising products also. Vistaprint (business cards) reports as does FedEx Kinkos. Mobile phone companies (TMobile), BlueHost (web hosting/domains) I believe has a Net 30. Just saying that for $480/year, you can actually get some hard goods or current services paid for plus a TL or 2. NAV handing out 3 TLs is nice but you are paying for it in the end. Doesnt seem as revolutionary as the marketing is making it sound. Feels kinda like DnB with their creditbuilder product.

BTW not knocking it just playing devils advocate.

Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI as a plus for the NAV product... you do hit your 5 pay experiences in month #2 for a Paydex score unless I am misunderstanding the guidelines.

Message 14 of 46
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

This actually is good for every business if it works as expected.

How many of us have Net30's out there that don't report? 

Seton, MSC, UPS(spotty reporting), Gemplers etc all do not report. Some that do report only report to one or 2 bureaus(Summa, SNS etc)

If Nav can actually get these account reporting and to all 3 bureaus then its a benefit to every business. I don't see why any business would not take this.

My only question is what happens when you cancel? Do the reports remain?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 15 of 46
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:

Never heard of them and honestly IMO would not recommend this. Put that money towards your monthly payment (if you have any) and trust and follow the process and your credit report and scores will improve. Smiley Wink

Nav is the business version of credit karma. They are legit

Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see adding it for 3-5 months. After that downgrade as you should have added more accounts. Getting 3 accounts right off the bat, especially if you are starting out for $40.00 is not bad. I look at it like this. If you are already using nav and paying the new price of 29.99. By paying $10.00 more you now get 3 tradelines reporting.  Not sure where you can get 3 tradelines reporting for a full year for only $120. man I think I may have talked myself into it now. lol

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I signed up today for their business boost $40/month plan.
My account needed to be confirmed and I was too lazy to do that so I was happily surprised when rep from Nav called me to confirm/set up an account. Made a good impression.
She told me:
1. It should report on October 1st
2. You can add multiple business that belong to you to it
3. You can cancel anytime but wasn’t sure if it will stop reporting
I will keep posting to this thread once I’ll have more to update.
Message 18 of 46
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

This is excellent. I will sign up my business too. Makes a lot more sense knowing your efforts are being reported to all 3 bureaus
Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I can see adding it for 3-5 months. After that downgrade as you should have added more accounts. Getting 3 accounts right off the bat, especially if you are starting out for $40.00 is not bad. I look at it like this. If you are already using nav and paying the new price of 29.99. By paying $10.00 more you now get 3 tradelines reporting.  Not sure where you can get 3 tradelines reporting for a full year for only $120. man I think I may have talked myself into it now. lol

ETA: I see what you did there ($10 extra per month x 12) Smiley Wink

$40 x 12 = $480. I think what confuses many here and I am guilty of it as well is that many are used to how personal TLs report. Personal TLs in almost every case report to the 3 majors every month... not so on the business side. You are lucky to get a business TL to report regularly to 1 bureau on a consistant basis with accuracy... 2 bureaus is a gift and 3 is golden. If used properly in the beginning stages of credit building it would make sense for those looking to expedite the process a bit as it can be a bit tedious when starting out. All in all if you already subscribe to NAV then its a no brainer. If you do not already subscribe, its a bit more of a leap as new businesses tend to keep a tight reign on expenses for the first couple of years.

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.