Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAV business boost?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAV business boost?

@CreditGuy03 wrote:
Nav reported to all 3 for me. I have also canceled the service as I only needed the trade line to report

Will it not age off though on the next cycle?

Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:
Nav reported to all 3 for me. I have also canceled the service as I only needed the trade line to report

Curious too as to how long it would take to age off.

Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Curious too as to how long it would take to age off.

This has been a question of mine for a while. I cannot find any definitive information on how long items stay on a business report after you stop using the account. I have an older corp for a business I am no longer in. The reports still shows accounts from 7-8 years ago. 

Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering if eCredable would be a better choice, since for the same amount you can have multiple accts like Utilities etc. report?

No Ecredible reports to Experian and two other bureaus that do not really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Nav says they will post to equifax and DnB. That is what you want

I think both has value. eCredible has been around a few years and it's kind of ridiculous that they have not added Equifax and DNB. I get it, it cost money. That said the advantage they have over the NAV product is that they will backfill the reporting going back 24 months. That's huge. They report to Experian and Experian/Equifax is the main business report that credit card companies look at. eCredible is irrc about $50 up front and $10 ongoing. So $50 gets you back filled and makes your report look seasoned. That's worth it to me. Yeah I wish they would replace those other bureaus that don't matter with Equifax and/or DNB but it's not bad.

I'm going to do both I think. I'll report back and let everyone know how it impacted my scores. I'm going to do the NAV first.

Btw update to my own post. I finally got around to trying to sign up to eCredable. Right befoe I did I noticed Experian was no longer listed on their page. Turns out they no longer report to Experian. So I did not sign up. I sent them a message and they comfirmed that they dropped Experian (problems with Experian not accepting certain accounts customers wanted on their reports). They did say they would add Equifax and D&B soon. So I am holding off until they do.

Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

While unfortunate, i understand Experian's POV. Their reporting on BIZ credit, and ecredible want to allow your personal utilities to report and  that is technicially not a BIZ tradeline. 

Since i aleady have a couple that report to EX, I'm more concerned with them getting EQ on the board. 

Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I signed up for it and it reported no problem on my next credit report. I like it. No merchandise to deal with . its an additional TL

Message 36 of 46
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

While unfortunate, i understand Experian's POV. Their reporting on BIZ credit, and ecredible want to allow your personal utilities to report and  that is technicially not a BIZ tradeline. 

Since i aleady have a couple that report to EX, I'm more concerned with them getting EQ on the board. 

hi, a little bit of a thread drift as I saw your cip post from sept....you do know that most card companies, chase, amex + other do not look at or report to business reporting.  they are pulling personal credit and they do not report.  this is my experience and numerous colleagues and I do not believe it geo based.  before I got a bloc this year from pnc I never looked or cared about the biz side of things - I still dont but I get alerts from nav all the time.  I have 9 biz cards and none of them report. the only thing that reports is my bloc

edit, i see that you have biz cards so you must know all this..do any of your cards report anything?  I only have chase and amex.

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far none have reported yet, tough I don't have access to BIZ reports. There was only one account that report to EXBIZ back in August when I paid for one month, which I assumed was Quill. Citi, Lowe's and USB were all aquired in the last two months. 

Message 38 of 46
shane82388
Established Contributor

Can anyone confirm if this NAV Business Boost ages off your reports if you stop paying and cancel after the first month?

Message 39 of 46
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hi, a little bit of a thread drift as I saw your cip post from sept....you do know that most card companies, chase, amex + other do not look at or report to business reporting.  they are pulling personal credit and they do not report.  this is my experience and numerous colleagues and I do not believe it geo based.  before I got a bloc this year from pnc I never looked or cared about the biz side of things - I still dont but I get alerts from nav all the time.  I have 9 biz cards and none of them report. the only thing that reports is my bloc

edit, i see that you have biz cards so you must know all this..do any of your cards report anything?  I only have chase and amex.

You are definitely correct.  I see an astounding amount of people putting a lot of energy and money into vendor credit,when that its not needed to get a business credit card. I have 3 and never used vendors,I used my personal credit. My PNC business card reports,my US bank reports but my CHASE card doesn't report.(and none of them report to my personal credit)

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.