Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAV business boost?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAV business boost?

I'm wondering if eCredable would be a better choice, since for the same amount you can have multiple accts like Utilities etc. report?

Message 21 of 46
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering if eCredable would be a better choice, since for the same amount you can have multiple accts like Utilities etc. report?

No Ecredible reports to Experian and two other bureaus that do not really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Nav says they will post to equifax and DnB. That is what you want

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi. I signed up today for their business boost $40/month plan.
My account needed to be confirmed and I was too lazy to do that so I was happily surprised when rep from Nav called me to confirm/set up an account. Made a good impression.
She told me:
1. It should report on October 1st
2. You can add multiple business that belong to you to it
3. You can cancel anytime but wasn’t sure if it will stop reporting
I will keep posting to this thread once I’ll have more to update.

Keep us updated.

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No Ecredible reports to Experian and two other bureaus that do not really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Nav says they will post to equifax and DnB. That is what you want

I think both has value. eCredible has been around a few years and it's kind of ridiculous that they have not added Equifax and DNB. I get it, it cost money. That said the advantage they have over the NAV product is that they will backfill the reporting going back 24 months. That's huge. They report to Experian and Experian/Equifax is the main business report that credit card companies look at. eCredible is irrc about $50 up front and $10 ongoing. So $50 gets you back filled and makes your report look seasoned. That's worth it to me. Yeah I wish they would replace those other bureaus that don't matter with Equifax and/or DNB but it's not bad.

I'm going to do both I think. I'll report back and let everyone know how it impacted my scores. I'm going to do the NAV first.

Message 24 of 46
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

So I just ordered the business boost from nav and this is how it works after talking to the representative.

1. You buy the product monthly and your monthly 39.99 payment is reported to all 3 credit bureaus as a tradeline from Nav.

2. They report the 1st week of every month

3. If you cancel they won't pull your tradeline. It just remains until it falls off.

4. They do not report trade lines on your behalf. So you cannot expect them to report an account that you have with Seton or Gemplers on your behalf to the credit bureaus.
They said only dun and Bradstreet offers that ability and we know that costs an arm a leg.

So hopefully this helps. Navboost is just a single tradeline from Nav that will report to all 3 bureaus.
Message 25 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may look into going with one or both the closer I get to being ready for a Chase Ink App. I should agev probably done it sooner and waited on my recent USB Platinum app, but my trigger finger got kind of itchy.

Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

So here is my update:
After 1.5 months there was no change in credit score or reports. I decided to call and talk to the rep and point it out. Rep assured me that they did report and I should get an update in couple days so I waited. After a week there was an update but no change. I decided to contact them through the app and sent an email. There was an instant reply (less than an hour) from the tech and it said that they can see that there is no reporting. Another week passed and finally I saw on my reports $39 reporting.
Eq 361
Ex 32
Message 27 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So here is my update:
After 1.5 months there was no change in credit score or reports. I decided to call and talk to the rep and point it out. Rep assured me that they did report and I should get an update in couple days so I waited. After a week there was an update but no change. I decided to contact them through the app and sent an email. There was an instant reply (less than an hour) from the tech and it said that they can see that there is no reporting. Another week passed and finally I saw on my reports $39 reporting.
Eq 361
Ex 32

To confirm, NAV reported to DB, EXBiz and Equifax? Advert on NAV web site says positive tradeline with all 3 bureaus.

Message 28 of 46
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Nav reported to all 3 for me. I have also canceled the service as I only needed the trade line to report
Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditGuy03

Did NAV report for you yet? Just curious as if it takes 2 months to hit your report that means the first payment of $120 is pretty much front loaded as you only get 1 month usage for a 3 month payment provided you had no services with them prior. Just want to get a full understanding as I may give this a go myself since I need report monitoring anyway.

ETA... Beat by 1 minute...  You must have felt your ears burning as I was typing Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.