Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED AMEX BBP APP ADVICE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED AMEX BBP APP ADVICE!

Hi guys,

I'd like to have to have some recommendations on what to do to obtain the BBP to optimizie my general spend. I don't have a business so technically I'm not eligble to apply for this card. However, I was considering getting an UBER driver account to "qualify" for a business CC, eventhough I am not planning to be a UBER driver per se. Do you guys think it's a viable option to get this card? 

My second question is that I'm preparing to apply for a mortgage loan in the next couple months and I know that you shouldn't apply for more credit within 6 month of a mortgage application which I did. However, are business credit cards appear on personal credit report? would it do any harm to my  chances of getting approved for a mortgage if I apply for this card now? I already have two amex cards, Magnet and Gold cards so I beleive it would be a soft pull if I apply right?

Your advice/input would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEED AMEX BBP APP ADVICE!

Hi,

I got the Amex BBP in September after starting a small consulting business to qualify for one as well. I think Uber and Lyft driving qualifies and therefore it would work out for you. Maybe check a few other sources online about people getting business cards for these services.

As far as the mortgage, I know Amex doesn't report your business card to personal reports so you're fine there. I personally did not get a hard inquiry for my card (I had a previous Amex),  but that doesn't mean they couldn't pull yours. I wouldn't risk it because it might adversely affect your mortgage rates. 

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your response! I would probably wait until I secure my mortgage. I’m just so eager. Tired of getting 1 point for every dollar on my gold! Lol
Message 3 of 4
CH2022
New Contributor

agree with above WELLS comment.

last month, we got approved BBP. Hit with EX pull since it is a first card with amex.

Starting limits are not that great. Not worth the HP risk  before mortage.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.