woodyman100
Valued Contributor

NFCU Biz approvals

Approved for

10k master card

5k cloc

54 inqs

TU pull

submitted My app in branch on 3/1 and received approval via phone call on 3/5.

i wasn’t asked any questions or required to submit docs.

brings me to 88k unsecured with Navy. (126k with DW)

i started with a sub 10k Platinum card  20 months ago

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Biz approvals

Thats fantastic Woodyman!!! Much congrats to you!! We've been hoping for more Navy approvals, and you got yours!! I believe they also look at your internal credit with them, and I see you're not near max with them, even with tis new approval.

Im currently at $60k on the personal side, and I only asked for $10kcc, no LOC, so I guess we will see! I have a branch not far from me, so I think I'll do the same....run it over to them.

Im going give them all the paperwork at once...membership, and the credit products since they are separate. Did you just do the membership first, and wait to see if you got it, then submit the credit products papers???

What was your TU score??
Message 2 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

oh one more question...

When was your last CLI or new cc approval with them, like date.

I am apparently on their "6 month" schedule for CLI or a new act, and have been for a year and a half like clockwork.

So Im just wondering since technically Im not eligible for any CLI with them until mid May, that they would decline my Biz CC app because Im not eligible any more credit with them until then. Wondering if the Biz side is treated a little differently...thats why I asked for you date of your last approval or CLI before this one....thanks!
Message 3 of 30
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

10-9-17 was my last CLI from them when my Platinum went from 25k to 33k.

TU 764

I did get the APR dropped to 6.99 in December right before the prime rate went up .25 and pushed me back over 7%.

I dropped off the application for membership in branch and had an email requesting more docs about an hour later.

I had to get some corrected paperwork from my county clerk and a new form from the IRS.

That took a few days and the checking was opened the day after uploading.

A couple of days later I uploaded the CC application in branch again.

I had an issue with the upload of docs when I first applied for a personal membership. That’s why I go in branch now 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 30
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats on everything Woody! And great data points!

Message 5 of 30
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!!  I cant get NFCU biz to touch me with a 10 ft pole.  Smiley Happy

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 6 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ToughFistFightwrote:

Awesome!!  I cant get NFCU biz to touch me with a 10 ft pole.  Smiley Happy

Why is that? Did they approve you for membership, but not credit products? What was their reasons they gave?

Message 7 of 30
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Ya, I'm not sure. I do have a business checking and savings. I couldn't get approved for any credit product on the biz side. I have a bunch of letters, I have not read through them throughly. I suspect it is my husband's credit that is holding them back. I really didn't think about it when it required both of us to apply. I currently have my biz through BECU, so I wasn't needing a business bank.

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 8 of 30
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Inspired by this thread I applied for 5k line of credit and 5k credit card. Line of credit was approved, waiting to hear on credit card. I'm very pleased, first time I've ever had a business line of credit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaicawrote:

Inspired by this thread I applied for 5k line of credit and 5k credit card. Line of credit was approved, waiting to hear on credit card. I'm very pleased, first time I've ever had a business line of credit.

Hey SJ!!! Thats Awesome!! Much congrats to you!! Start your own thread as well with your stats, how long it took for approval of membership, LOC etc...who they pulled.  Helps for anyone searching the biz section!!  Kepp us posted on the CC!!! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.