cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU (Navy Federal CU) Business accounts/credit?

tag
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

NFCU (Navy Federal CU) Business accounts/credit?

For some reason I thought nfcu was only for personal accounts and personal credit. I got an email today from them noting all their small business accounts/credit options. 

Any of you do you BUSINESS banking and/or credit financing through NFCU? 

If so, can you note what sort of accts (biz checking? biz loans? biz credit?) you have and what you're impressions are of them?

I have a small law office and I've been with BofA for my business accounts for several years, but have been unhappy with them for awhile now. I have PERSONAL credit/cloc with NFCU and they're wonderful. I wouldn't mind taking my business accts over there if people have had good experiences with their small business offerings.

thanks so much. 

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU (Navy Federal CU) Business accounts/credit?

@IodineNightSky wrote:

For some reason I thought nfcu was only for personal accounts and personal credit. I got an email today from them noting all their small business accounts/credit options. 

Any of you do you BUSINESS banking and/or credit financing through NFCU? 

If so, can you note what sort of accts (biz checking? biz loans? biz credit?) you have and what you're impressions are of them?

I have a small law office and I've been with BofA for my business accounts for several years, but have been unhappy with them for awhile now. I have PERSONAL credit/cloc with NFCU and they're wonderful. I wouldn't mind taking my business accts over there if people have had good experiences with their small business offerings.

thanks so much. 

NFCU Business is a very poorly run division that is no where near as good as it's personal finance division.

I have had a biz account and biz CC with them for over a decade.

The biz reps are very hard to get in touch with, everything is still done by paper apps ( no online at all) and they are not generous with their lending as compared to the personal end.

If you live near a branch I would suggest doing everything there because trying to get a biz rep to return a phone call is hit or miss.....they just don't seem to care.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 6
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

I second that, what @jaxstraw said. 

personal side is good...business side sucks. 

I also have a checking and business card and been denied increases and their Biz CLOC. 

My business rep never answers her phone, nor returns emails. I gave up on the business side.

Message 3 of 6
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much to you both! Passing on nfcu business. 

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 4 of 6
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@IodineNightSky wrote:

I have hopes it will get better.

I am in the process of composing a carefully letter to both the CEO and BOD explaining the issues.

Hopefully it will resonate.

And for me who isn't really interested in more than a biz checking account and CC it has been adequate. It is just their processes are in need of overhaul.

@IodineNightSky wrote:

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 5 of 6
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

@jaxstraw Please keep us posted...I'm very curious as to what they'll say. 

I can't wrap my head around why they operate this way on the business side. 

@IodineNightSky if you happen to be in Texas, I recommend RBFCU. They offer a business CC with 2% cash back, and 0% APR for balance transfers and cash advance. 
They give generous SL's

While they were a pain to setup, it's not as bad I've seen others experiences. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.