Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice

I’ve been waiting awhile for the Prestige (which launched today) and was considering applying for my first business card (chase business Marriott since it isn’t a 5/24 card).

Since my business is only two months old (sole prop), should I skip the Marriott biz and just apply for the prestige? My business income is extremely low but my personal income from my day job is very high. I’ve never applied for a business loan or card before so wasn’t sure what to do.

My EX 08 is 766
EQ 801 (bankcard 09)
13/24, 3 INQ on EX in last 6 mo (1 was for checking account), 0 INQ on EQ in last 6 mo

I have 2 chase personal cards (1 2yr old card and 1 18mo old card)
1 citi card that is 1.5 yr old

I have other older cards with different lenders
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice

I have a legitimate business. I am applying for the marriott business due to it going away soon. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

And there are reports that all chase cards are now 5/24, not sure if it affects all business cards though

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’ve been waiting awhile for the Prestige (which launched today) and was considering applying for my first business card (chase business Marriott since it isn’t a 5/24 card).

Since my business is only two months old (sole prop), should I skip the Marriott biz and just apply for the prestige? My business income is extremely low but my personal income from my day job is very high. I’ve never applied for a business loan or card before so wasn’t sure what to do.

My EX 08 is 766
EQ 801 (bankcard 09)
13/24, 3 INQ on EX in last 6 mo (1 was for checking account), 0 INQ on EQ in last 6 mo

I have 2 chase personal cards (1 2yr old card and 1 18mo old card)
1 citi card that is 1.5 yr old

I have other older cards with different lenders

I think you should take a shot at it. It's good to have a business credit card. And your credit scores are good.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

And there are reports that all chase cards are now 5/24, not sure if it affects all business cards though

All Chase cards are under 5/24 but apparently the Marriott Business isn’t included or they are not enforcing it during it’s last days

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/does-the-chase-5-4-rule-apply-to-the-chase-marriott-business-card-looks-like-no/

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.