Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Biz... First TL App references...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Biz... First TL App references...

What do you guys suggest for a new business first TL app for trade references on the actual application. Assuming this would be for first Net 30 vendor account. Are you using any previous established vendor you have an account with even though they dont offer terms such as a Utility?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: New Biz... First TL App references...

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you guys suggest for a new business first TL app for trade references on the actual application. Assuming this would be for first Net 30 vendor account. Are you using any previous established vendor you have an account with even though they dont offer terms such as a Utility?

I have never filled in the trade reference section on an app for either a Net 30 or a CC yet.

It never seemed to be an issue.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many vendor TLs do you have so far?

Message 3 of 9
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

9 reporting on Ex and a few closed.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like mostly store or credit cards, right?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really you would'nt be able to list any trade references on your first TL app. You could try submitting with that section blank. Getting your utilities to post as a TL on your CR's is possible, but it normally requires a fee. I would suggest going after some TL's that don't require references for your first time, if the blank section option doesn't work. 

If you already have your DUNS # then Summa Office Supplies and Strategic Network Solutions would be two that report fast and easy. Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good gouge here.  I will try Summa Office and Strategic Network Solutions.

I have to say that, looking at their website interfaces, they look almost the same - either they are the same company or closely related, or they use the same online platform.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a brilliant business model - resell overpriced office supplies, and fergawksakes, $65 how-to guides for download, to new businesses that are starting out.  All you have to do is report them as a TL.  Wow.  I wonder on what their ROI is on this?  These guys have to be killing it.

OK, so that's lovely -- Summa Office and Strategic Whatever... please, you go sit down over there.  Will call you.  Or not.

I think we need to strike a reasonable balance between (a) spending money to set up TLs and (b) completely wasting money.  I don't mind overpaying for some notepads and printer ink, within reason, in order to achieve the TL objective, but at some point, it starts to border on obscene.  These clowns listed above kinda insulted my intelligence.  I don't need a TL quite that bad, fellas.

Next.

Beyond Quill, Grainger and Uline, I need a couple more (usable) options.  I did get an account (or two actually) with Amazon Business. 

UPS or FEDEX would fit the bill nicely.  I do have a package or two that I could ship.  Not sure if either report, really.

Any other suggestions?  My LLC is for real estate investments - so renovating and maintaing houses is where the money goes.  I did apply for supplyworks - that would be huge. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hi-hack this thread.

For trade references, as a totally new business, your choices are (a) leave that part blank or (b) wait and do a couple TLs with others first.  Go ahead and place those $100-$200 orders with Grainger/Quill/Uline, pay them, and then circle back. 

I think those are 'gimme' lines that just about everybody should have, and can list on a credit app.  

Don't underestimate the value of a nicely filled-in credit app.  It might be wise to do those easy ones first.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.