Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Chase Hyatt Biz Card

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

New Chase Hyatt Biz Card

I got excited when I saw the headline this morning, but I'm not so sure after reading more about it.

Biggest drawbacks: no free annual certificate. No additional night for $15k spend. No automatic 5 elite qualifying nights. 

Fee is $199 -- but there are some credits.

What does everyone think? I'd been waiting for this card to come one day, but I'm not sold on it now... 

Card doesn't seem to be live yet. Can't see it on the Chase site.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/hyatt-business-credit-card-launch/

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: New Chase Hyatt Biz Card

From reading the article I guess Chase is aiming for those that have a lot of business spend and want to get elite status that way kind of like how AMEX's high-tier Delta cards does as well. But for that fee it's weird they didn't offer a bit more. Also not a fan of them offering that stupid credit that the banks are doing nowadays

Honestly, even with all that I might still get it. Depends on how my future business travel looks and if the Hyatt properties are worth staying at to make it worth while. My recent stay at the PH New York was lacking to say the least so not wanting to jump the gun quite yet

Message 2 of 11
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

From reading the article I guess Chase is aiming for those that have a lot of business spend and want to get elite status that way kind of like how AMEX's high-tier Delta cards does as well. But for that fee it's weird they didn't offer a bit more. Also not a fan of them offering that stupid credit that the banks are doing nowadays

Honestly, even with all that I might still get it. Depends on how my future business travel looks and if the Hyatt properties are worth staying at to make it worth while. My recent stay at the PH New York was lacking to say the least so not wanting to jump the gun quite yet

I've been a fan of Hyatt for years, and we have the personal version. I can see that Chase may be aiming at high spend and status with this biz card, but I've also done that with the personal card. You get a head start with 5 elite nights, so for the first $50k spent on the personal card, you're still even, but you get 2 free nights at this point (free annual cert. plus another night for $15k spend).

Utilization is usually not much of a problem with Chase since you can pay down to $0 and get UTIL updated.

Anyway, I sound kinda disappointed, but may also end up getting it anyway... Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

I think its a pretty reasonable offer for a $199 AF Hyatt card.

1) $50 dollar credit x2 a year for Hyatt stays (works out to $100 a year).

2) 2x on gas option. Nowhere else in the Chase ecosystem can you get that.

3) Spend to elite status. There is Globalist at 60k spend but also Explorist at 30k.

4) Aside from not having the free nights it replicates all the 2x categories of the personal card plus a few others.

Also think about it in terms of being a Hyatt aficionato. You take advantage of Hyatt promotions they run during the year for extra nights and you are able to take advantage to a level of 40 nights you'd only need to spend 40,000 on this card to hit Globalist (or 20 nights and 20,000 spend to hit Explorist). However 5 nights for 10k spend isn't much better than getting 2 nights for 5,000 on the personal Hyatt. It doesn't make so much sense to rack up too much monthly spend on a personal card which is one advantage of having a business version of Hyatt.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 4 of 11
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

I think its a pretty reasonable offer for a $199 AF Hyatt card.

1) $50 dollar credit x2 a year for Hyatt stays (works out to $100 a year). 

I'll give you that, but I still don't like those "credits." Especially when they break it up into 2. 

2) 2x on gas option. Nowhere else in the Chase ecosystem can you get that.

You can get 2x URs with Ink Cash.

3) Spend to elite status. There is Globalist at 60k spend but also Explorist at 30k.

Personal card also allows you to spend to status. And the reduced nights is only for this year. I don't know or think they'll do the same for 2022.

4) Aside from not having the free nights it replicates all the 2x categories of the personal card plus a few others.

2 free nights with the personal card can get you a lot of value. I've used them for beach properties charging over $300 and $400 cash per night.

Also think about it in terms of being a Hyatt aficionato. You take advantage of Hyatt promotions they run during the year for extra nights and you are able to take advantage to a level of 40 nights you'd only need to spend 40,000 on this card to hit Globalist (or 20 nights and 20,000 spend to hit Explorist). Not really sure what you mean by that.

However 5 nights for 10k spend isn't much better than getting 2 nights for 5,000 on the personal Hyatt. It doesn't make so much sense to rack up too much monthly spend on a personal card which is one advantage of having a business version of Hyatt.

Definitely. If you can make the bonus categories work for you, the biz card has a few more options. But you could also argue that you can get more than 2x using other cards

I get this is a business card and maybe can't be exactly the same as the personal version, but I don't really think it's any better to charge double the AF, and they're taking away some valuable perks from the personal card. I honestly would've paid even a higher AF for more premium benefits. Maybe they'll release a premium Hyatt card eventually. 

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for posting this.

I have the personal version and I'm not sure how I feel about their biz version given status and other bennies I already get with the existing one 🤔 I'll stay on the fence for now, but glad to learn they're expanding their business cards offerings. I would assume 5/24 with this one once released.

Message 6 of 11
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Thanks for posting this.

I have the personal version and I'm not sure how I feel about their biz version given status and other bennies I already get with the existing one 🤔 I'll stay on the fence for now, but glad to learn they're expanding their business cards offerings. I would assume 5/24 with this one once released.

Yup. IMO, this isn't a no-brainer card like the personal one. 

I gotta say that after reading about the benefits on the application page, I learned something new today. I'd never heard of Hyatt Leverage before. It appears that you get automatically enrolled when you apply and get this biz card. I think you could also sign up without getting the card, but there are some unwritten stay requirements to keep the membership. 

Message 7 of 11
rgate88
Regular Contributor

Long term I'm not sure it makes sense. The bonus is a clear no-brainer, though. Monster value to get there. I'm interested to see if the card changes at all when year two rolls around.

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $25,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $14,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000

Total CLI - $395,900
Message 8 of 11
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

Although I'm a little disappointed by the lack of better benefits, I will be applying for the World of Hyatt Business card in January as soon as I am under 5/24 unless travel becomes much more difficult. For me, it's ideal as a card for employees so they can purchase whatever is needed for various projects and it is a card that has an additional benefit for lots of spend in boosting my Hyatt status. I'm also happy it has some bonus categories as well even though none are exactly amazing particularly compared to the personal World of Hyatt card which I also have. I have a similar strategy with my Delta Reserve for Business AMEX but that one only gets me 1 mile per dollar on everything except for Delta purchases which is 3 miles per dollar. I am happy the World of Hyatt Business card is a Visa card also so I can use it for Costco.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 9 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I think if you're a business who wants to put a lot of money into the card, it's a good card. Otherwise, for me personally, very low spend... It's a good card to churn and probably would dump it in a year unless it had a FNC like the personal.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.