Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New NPSL business card from Capital One

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

New NPSL business card from Capital One

In addition to redesigning their cards (much sleeker appearance now) they've added this new NPSL 2% cash back card to their business credit lineup. Comes with an annual fee of $150 and since I hate AFs I'll be passing on this one.

https://www.capitalone.com/small-business/credit-cards/spark-cash-plus/

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

Re: New NPSL business card from Capital One

I applied already and was denied to my irritation. I might apply again next month or the month after. There's another thread I posted in about that whole process. Seems like a great option to have a Visa (so works at Costco and everywhere else) and also a NPSL charge card. The $150 annual fee is not great but it seems like a great option for employee cards.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 2 of 6
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

The biggest thing I would be concerned about is, does this report personally like the spark business cards?

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 3 of 6
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@jeffm4688 wrote:

The biggest thing I would be concerned about is, does this report personally like the spark business cards?

This would be my first question. As a "charge card", I wonder if it would play into UTL or not as Amex charge cards do not.

The Amex Blue Business Plus is 2% back, no AF and Amex is much easier to deal with in general. As far as being a charge card vs. credit card, Amex is just fine with running their cards into the stratosphere and PIF as long as your finances back up your spend.

Message 4 of 6
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@jeffm4688 wrote:

This would be my first question. As a "charge card", I wonder if it would play into UTL or not as Amex charge cards do not.

The Amex Blue Business Plus is 2% back, no AF and Amex is much easier to deal with in general. As far as being a charge card vs. credit card, Amex is just fine with running their cards into the stratosphere and PIF as long as your finances back up your spend.

Although I can't locate the source at the moment, the Spark Cash Plus charge card does not report to personal credit reports. I also read that Capital One Spark cash back cards approved after October 2020 do not report to personal credit reports anymore. The Capital One Spark Miles cards still do report to personal credit reports but Capital One is "working on it" as well to change that for the miles cards also.

I have the AMEX BBP and it's a great card except for the $50K limit for 2X MR rewards. This Spark Cash Plus is nice since it has no cap and is a Visa card so accepted at Costco for example. I am specifically interested in a Visa charge card with no cap on rewards for employee cards to make things simple and work in essentially all scenarios including Costco. This is the only card that fits that bill even though it, unfortunately, has a $150 annual fee. If AMEX had a 1.5X MR or 2X MR charge card that was unlimited even with a high annual fee, I would gladly pay it for the convenience. I am using the AMEX Business Gold for this purpose now but the majority of purchases are only 1X MR unfortunately.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 5 of 6
webrobby
Established Member

Capital One has seen the error of their ways reporting business credit to every gurantor's personal credit.  Plainly stated in the terms and conditions for thier new slate of business cards in FAQ style is that it DOES not report to your personal credit except in the event of a default event.  Now they have joined the rest of America's business creditors - better late than never.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.