cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Store Front but can't use a virtual office. Ideas?

tag
OakCliffTX
Established Member

No Store Front but can't use a virtual office. Ideas?

Trying to get a Net 30 account but dont have an actual store front. I was going to use a virtual office but if you Google the virtual address it says it's a virtual office and that its available for lease. Does anybody know any known sites where you can buy an address without it popping out as a listing? Thanks
Target SC $300 CL Walmart SC $300 CL Credit One $550 CL Kay Jewelers SC $1k CL Cap1 QS $500 CL Cap1 QS AU $1.1k Cap1 QS1 AU $950 CL Home Depot SC AU $2500 CL FingerHut SC $800 CL
Rebuilding 12/08/18 624 EQ 591 TU 581 EX
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: No Store Front but can't use a virtual office. Ideas?

@OakCliffTX wrote:
Trying to get a Net 30 account but dont have an actual store front. I was going to use a virtual office but if you Google the virtual address it says it's a virtual office and that its available for lease. Does anybody know any known sites where you can buy an address without it popping out as a listing? Thanks

For my business my address is a mailbox at my local UPS Store, it gives me a real address, I got it before I started my business, so I was able to use it on all of my LLC paperwork, IRS EIN, and Sales Tax license..... So since it is everywhere as public record then it's my official acceptable address..... Sometimes though banks and credit card companies caught on the the address being a mailbox and requested a physical addresss on file but all mailings and public listings have my UPS mailbox address..... Around here in PA I pay $168 a year for a mailbox address, which is alot cheaper than your virtual office idea.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@linux007969 wrote:

@OakCliffTX wrote:

For my business my address is a mailbox at my local UPS Store, it gives me a real address, I got it before I started my business, so I was able to use it on all of my LLC paperwork, IRS EIN, and Sales Tax license..... So since it is everywhere as public record then it's my official acceptable address..... Sometimes though banks and credit card companies caught on the the address being a mailbox and requested a physical addresss on file but all mailings and public listings have my UPS mailbox address..... Around here in PA I pay $168 a year for a mailbox address, which is alot cheaper than your virtual office idea.

I’m curious how you solved the issue of banks wanting a “real” address? I too have used a UPS store for my business for years. It was more of side hobby but it has exploded into a significant portion of my income. I tried to open a business bank account but the bank bulked at the address even though it is on all my official LLC documents and filed with the Secretary of State.

i don’t want to use my home address because there is strict no commercial policy where I live. One of the other residents use to run her business of of her home and property manager noticed her mail and sent her a warning.

So what did you do, did you give the bank/CC your home address?

Message 3 of 5
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@OakCliffTX wrote:

I’m curious how you solved the issue of banks wanting a “real” address? I too have used a UPS store for my business for years. It was more of side hobby but it has exploded into a significant portion of my income. I tried to open a business bank account but the bank bulked at the address even though it is on all my official LLC documents and filed with the Secretary of State.

i don’t want to use my home address because there is strict no commercial policy where I live. One of the other residents use to run her business of of her home and property manager noticed her mail and sent her a warning.

So what did you do, did you give the bank/CC your home address?

As far as opening a bank account, my local bank accepted my UPS mailbox address even after they had their compliance department verify it, as for credit card companies if they wont open the account with it being a mailbox you may just have to submit proof of residency but update it later after approval.... However when I had american express they first didn't seem to mind my mailbox, but then later there was a notice in my account when i logged in about updating my address since they see it was a mailbox... So i minipulated the address so it still worked and passed their system... like for example if mailbox was (108F N R****** RD STE ***) I could drop the F and even the STE number, they would then accept it and the mail would still make its way to my mailbox, also on credit card applications and even for bank accounts there is a way to list your home address on file for them but have the business address be the UPS mailbox and if they know what they are doing they can have all mailings in your business name be sent to your business address instead of your home address unless it's specifically in your name and not your business name.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

There are plenty of mailbox places that will give a real address and even do things like scan your mail to email for you if you wish.

I setup a baby LLC in Texas this past year, as I'm strongly considering flipping to C2C with my current contracting agency (they don't care and it's not like I need a serious health plan so I'm just losing money as W2 frankly when they'd give me a flat 50% increase C2C) and there were around 3 services even in Austin where I wanted to set the official address at: I imagine you can find this at virtually any location, some services are nation wide with addresses all over the place.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.