cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No negative effects if I get denied by Amex?

tag
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

No negative effects if I get denied by Amex?

I already have 4 Amex revolvers, but I wanted to apply for another revolver, just in case they can make an exception since I have multiple businesses.

I doubt they would HP since they haven't before and I have a good but short history with them. If they deny me, it seems like there are no negative effects? Is there something else I have missed?

I guess I would try for a cobrand in case that is more likely. I have Lowe's and Amazon business accounts but not much activity, if that matters.

I do AZEO.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: No negative effects if I get denied by Amex?

Since you are an AX customer, most like a SP for any of their products.

Nothing negative to worry about if denied.

If you have that many revolvers, try getting a NPSL charge card instead = better odds.

Lately AX has been doing a LOT of marketing to gain new accounts - you should look on your accounts page and see if a pre-approved offer shows up.

I have had emails, snail mail & account offers in the past month:

Plat Business

Gold Business

BBP

Delta Gold Bus

Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree, there won't be any negative implications if you end up being denied another revolver. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

Lately AX has been doing a LOT of marketing to gain new accounts - you should look on your accounts page and see if a pre-approved offer shows up.

I have had emails, snail mail & account offers in the past month:

Plat Business

Gold Business

BBP

Delta Gold Bus

Great. I have to wait until January (because of two apps in the past 90 days) and hope that offers won't be over.

I do AZEO.
Message 4 of 6
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I agree, there won't be any negative implications if you end up being denied another revolver. 

Thanks. I had a new thought. It would probably count toward my 2 apps in 90 days and keep me from getting a business charge card sooner. So I could do the charge card first but then I have to wait longer to find out if they'll give me a fifth revolver.

I do AZEO.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only real negative is psychological, the sad feeling you get for 20 minutes after a denial. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.