Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new commercial vehicles

tag
Dbremer
New Contributor

No new commercial vehicles

Anyone else finding it's more and more difficult to find new fleet vehicles on lots? 

I have an approved business equipment loan from BOA, 3.8% for 72 months, will pay off in two, but can't find any cargo vans to purchase. 30 day locked rate.  I get the chip shortage, it's just frustrating as I've ordered a van and Ford states 6+months out.  Nothing on any lots within 100 miles of me.  

My business is seasonal, landscape/garden business, and I need a van by March.  

just venting! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pamon
Regular Contributor

Re: No new commercial vehicles

Due to chip shortage with most delays with new cars. Dealers have had major shortages getting new cars on their loss all of 2021 and this year. Hopefully fixes itself but still see. 

Fico 8 Exp 598 Transunion 598 Equifax 596 (7/18/18)
FICO 8 Exp 609 TransUnion 622 Equifax 617 (8/10/18)
FICO 8 Exp 643 Equifax 641 Transunion 655 (9-10-18)
FICO 8 exp 630 Transunion 646 Equifax 627
Fico 8 Exp 646 Transunion 639 Equifax 640 (11/1/18)
Fico 8 Exp 698 Transunion 716 Equifax 690 (1/8/19)
Message 2 of 10
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Lots of issues with all commercial vehicles.  Straight trucks, semis, everything.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 3 of 10
increasingmyfico
Regular Contributor

@Dbremer wrote:

Anyone else finding it's more and more difficult to find new fleet vehicles on lots? 

I have an approved business equipment loan from BOA, 3.8% for 72 months, will pay off in two, but can't find any cargo vans to purchase. 30 day locked rate.  I get the chip shortage, it's just frustrating as I've ordered a van and Ford states 6+months out.  Nothing on any lots within 100 miles of me.  

My business is seasonal, landscape/garden business, and I need a van by March.  

just venting! 

You definetely need to cast a wider net.Cargo vans are extremely scarce new. Dealers are paying msrp at auction for used ones. Do a nationwide search and work something out on shipping. 

Message 4 of 10
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Agreed about casting a wider net. I'm surprised Ford is that far out, I don't think Ram is running that long but I've only followed light- and heavy-duty pickups, not their vans.

For what it's worth, we found a much better deal by purchasing out of state and having the vehicle shipped or picking it up. No one local could touch the price and shipping only looked to run about $1 or so a mile - we ended up doing a fly and drive.

Message 5 of 10
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

have you considered buy used thru commercial rental agencies ?

Message 6 of 10
Dbremer
New Contributor

@disdreamin wrote:

Agreed about casting a wider net. I'm surprised Ford is that far out, I don't think Ram is running that long but I've only followed light- and heavy-duty pickups, not their vans.

For what it's worth, we found a much better deal by purchasing out of state and having the vehicle shipped or picking it up. No one local could touch the price and shipping only looked to run about $1 or so a mile - we ended up doing a fly and drive.

Thank you! I will look at bigger cities near me! 

Message 7 of 10
Dbremer
New Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

I will look into that.  Thank you! 

Message 8 of 10
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

I purchased a box van through Enterprise.  They had very good service records and for the most part pretty happy with the purchase.   I attempted to purchase two straight trucks from them when covid started.  Their prices were way too high and eneded up purchasing new.  But I got lucky with the new purchase.  I just happened to be looking at the right time.  Someone else pulled out of the 2 vehicle purchase when I walked in the door.  

Good luck. 

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@4sallypat wrote:

This. Awesome alternative until the chip ship rights itself.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.