cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtain credit card in order to pay out business receivables help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Obtain credit card in order to pay out business receivables help?

I have been denied credit by alot of separate companies within the past year. Obviously this is attributed to the overall conditions, but the banks instead give automated excesses and do not take time to follow up on the application. So basically the automated algorithmic computer program decides my life, and the banks never take into account the reasoning for the credit. I have tried to contact various companies to follow up on the denials, and when I ask to speak to someone who can review my credit history I am told there is no way to contact that department.......

All I want to do is get a credit line so I can transfer net30 receivables that have not been paid towards my account yet, but I cannot explain this because there is no way to contact the originators. If someone has some advise please help because I cannot run my business without a creditline.

I run my business as a sole proprietor, and on my personal credit record I have a large loan paid in full which was split into 3 different loans, and a revolving medical credit card that was issued 6 months ago and has been paid off.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Obtain credit card in order to pay out business receivables help?

Are you trying to get a personal CC or a business CC? If business, I need to move your post over to Biz Credit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you are describing is not a credit card, it is account receivable factoring or use of a cash managment line of credit.

You need to speak to a commercial bank rep, not go through a credit card application.  Factoring accounts or getting a line of credit for cash management will be based upon several factors:

1.  Your company's age/years in business.

2.  Your company's credit (D&B, Experian Bus, Equifax Bus)

3.  Depending on your company age/credit, you personal credit.

4.  Your company's revenues

5.  The type of receivables you want to factor or credit against.

6.  They type of customers you vend for.

7.  The amount of credit/cash management you need.

8.  Your account receivables default rates or bad debt ratios.

Some, all or a combo of the above may apply to the decision.  Some small bus owners who have adequate personal credit resouces do use personal lines and/or personally guaranteed lines of credit to function as a "bridge loan" for receivables.

Just so that you are aware, there are business credit unions, small community banks, finance companies and other resources beyond "big banks" for the credit you are shopping.  I would stop applying with anyone whom you cannot speak to a real person to at least converse your needs and have them explain their products, services and your options before application and even help you to understand what you will need to qualify.  Otherwise you are just spinning your wheels, running up a ton of inquiries which only make the problem worse.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ghi -  you never said how much credit for receivables you were looking for? 

If you just needed 10-20k, you might get that worked out easier, but if you want it as a regular use, the cash advance fees on a cc would be tough.

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-14-2009 10:21 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the late reply

10-20k is what I would be looking for, and yea the cash advance fees would hurt me but I have already factored that in. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.