Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer to apply for Chase Ink Business Unlimited

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Offer to apply for Chase Ink Business Unlimited

Got an offer in the mail today to apply for the Chase Ink Business Unlimited. There is a pretty attractive offer of $750 cash back after a $7,500 spend in three months. That shouldn't be a problem to accomplish.

The problem: I ended my 14 year business and personal banking relationship with Chase this summer. I'm not going back, so I wonder how this will affect any potential applications. I do need to get a business credit card, because right now, I use a personal card for business expenses. I have to remedy this in 2022. I'm just not sure if it should happen with Chase. Also, I'm not going to apply for this card until after I get the CSP.

What are your thoughts on this card? Would you app for it in my situation?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Offer to apply for Chase Ink Business Unlimited

@Junejer wrote:

Got an offer in the mail today to apply for the Chase Ink Business Unlimited. There is a pretty attractive offer of $750 cash back after a $7,500 spend in three months. That shouldn't be a problem to accomplish.

The problem: I ended my 14 year business and personal banking relationship with Chase this summer. I'm not going back, so I wonder how this will affect any potential applications. I do need to get a business credit card, because right now, I use a personal card for business expenses. I have to remedy this in 2022. I'm just not sure if it should happen with Chase. Also, I'm not going to apply for this card until after I get the CSP.

What are your thoughts on this card? Would you app for it in my situation?

I think it's a nice card, and it seems that you would be approved for it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 46
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for your input @SouthJamaica, I appreciate it. I'm guessing I might be approved as well. I want to get all the personal cards (Chase SP and maybe an Elan card through my bank) I want first before apping for this one. Currently, I reserve my AmEx for my business expenses.

Wondering how you think it compares to the business cards you have.

Message 3 of 46
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

Thanks for your input @SouthJamaica, I appreciate it. I'm guessing I might be approved as well. I want to get all the personal cards (Chase SP and maybe an Elan card through my bank) I want first before apping for this one. Currently, I reserve my AmEx for my business expenses.

To be honest, I have long been coveting the Chase Ink cards, not so much because of any special features but because I find Chase to be the most business-friendly bank I have ever dealt with.  Also because my main business cards were Amex cards, and there were too many instances of Amex not being accepted, so that I really felt the need for a good Visa or Mastercard.  I thought the TD Business Solutions card would be my 'solution', until, after I got it, I discovered that it reports to personal credit, to my amazement. I should not have been surprised, as all my dealings with TD Bank end in disappointment.

I used to want the Ink Preferred, but when they raised the spend for a SUB to $15k, which might not be reachable for me without going through contortions, I scratched that.  Then I most wanted the Ink Unlimited, because I hate having to think about categories, and the 1.5% cash back seemed good enough for me on a no-annual-fee card.  But then things changed for me, recently, when I picked up the FNBO Evergreen business card with 2% cash back.  That made 1.5% seem less attractive. And I get 2% from my Amex business cash back card.

So basically, I don't really need a Chase Ink card now, because I have the non-Amex part covered (FNBO and the US Bank Triple Cash), and I have 2% cash back, which in my book is great.  My only connections to FNBO and US Bank are those two credit cards, and they're both new, so although I have no problems with them I can't say I have a deep trust of them either; time will tell.

So at this point the most attractive card in the Ink collection for me is the Ink Business Cash card, with 5% back on office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services. I don't really need  the card, but if I get preapproved for it some day I will spring for it, reasons being (a) my respect for Chase as a business bank, (b) the 5% on internet and phone, and (c) the luscious $750 SUB, on a no-annual-fee card.

BTW, if you're going to apply for a Chase business card, IMHO you should do it before rather than after the personal card, since then it won't be counted among "recent" accounts in 5/24.

Message 4 of 46
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

I would app for it as long as you are under 5/24 even though the business card won't add to the 5/24.

I am waiting for my home escrow to fund and close before I app next week.

Going for the Ink Business Cash card.

Only have 3 co-branded Chase personal cards and my credit score is the highest it has been due to the mortgage loan.

Message 5 of 46
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

To be honest, I have long been coveting the Chase Ink cards, not so much because of any special features but because I find Chase to be the most business-friendly bank I have ever dealt with.  Also because my main business cards were Amex cards, and there were too many instances of Amex not being accepted, so that I really felt the need for a good Visa or Mastercard.  I thought the TD Business Solutions card would be my 'solution', until, after I got it, I discovered that it reports to personal credit, to my amazement. I should not have been surprised, as all my dealings with TD Bank end in disappointment.

I used to want the Ink Preferred, but when they raised the spend for a SUB to $15k, which might not be reachable for me without going through contortions, I scratched that.  Then I most wanted the Ink Unlimited, because I hate having to think about categories, and the 1.5% cash back seemed good enough for me on a no-annual-fee card.  But then things changed for me, recently, when I picked up the FNBO Evergreen business card with 2% cash back.  That made 1.5% seem less attractive. And I get 2% from my Amex business cash back card.

So basically, I don't really need a Chase Ink card now, because I have the non-Amex part covered (FNBO and the US Bank Triple Cash), and I have 2% cash back, which in my book is great.  My only connections to FNBO and US Bank are those two credit cards, and they're both new, so although I have no problems with them I can't say I have a deep trust of them either; time will tell.

So at this point the most attractive card in the Ink collection for me is the Ink Business Cash card, with 5% back on office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services. I don't really need  the card, but if I get preapproved for it some day I will spring for it, reasons being (a) my respect for Chase as a business bank, (b) the 5% on internet and phone, and (c) the luscious $750 SUB, on a no-annual-fee card.

BTW, if you're going to apply for a Chase business card, IMHO you should do it before rather than after the personal card, since then it won't be counted among "recent" accounts in 5/24.

Thanks for the thorough explanation. It’s very helpful. I thought Chase excluded themselves from the 5/24 rule. I’m currently at 3/24 with Discover, Chase FU and FNBO Evergreen.

Message 6 of 46
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I thought Chase excluded themselves from the 5/24 rule. I’m currently at 3/24 with Discover, Chase FU and FNBO Evergreen.

That would be logical, but it's my understanding that they don't.

Message 7 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Junejer wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Thanks for the thorough explanation. It’s very helpful. I thought Chase excluded themselves from the 5/24 rule. I’m currently at 3/24 with Discover, Chase FU and FNBO Evergreen.

Until the new accounts report (which can take ~30 days or so), you're still under the 5/24 count.  So, if you strategize/time things just right, you can potentially still go for the CIU card.

Message 8 of 46
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

I was under the impression you risk getting canceled if they notice any reporting discrepancy between dates and application even, but actually I recall that is contingent upon it being their own card. If I apply for a personal chase and it puts me at 5/24, and I apply for a business card thereafter, I have heard others claim you risk account terminations. 

Message 9 of 46
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

Yes, fnbo has been an excellent choice wiht the extensive limit and zero percent interest for 18 months 

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.