cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok to submit applications close together?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok to submit applications close together?

Hopefully this is the right forum to post this in.  Not sure if it belongs in business cards forum or not.  Anyway, I have a couple Amex cards and recently applied for the Amex Business Delta Skymiles Gold card and was declined.  Reasons for decline aside (score, 3 baddies, length of credit file), since all Amex does is a SP, is it a bad thing to apply for a different business card within a week or two after the decline?  I understand I might get declined again but maybe it makes sense to try a couple others I had my eyes on just cause there is no downside.  Is there downside?  I'm looking at business cards to keep my 5/24 at its current 3/24.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Ok to submit applications close together?

My personal thought would be that of course you can always try, but Amex might start to view the repeated attempts as aggressive credit-seeking. I can’t say for sure, of course, but I guess I would stop while you’re ahead. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully this is the right forum to post this in.  Not sure if it belongs in business cards forum or not.  Anyway, I have a couple Amex cards and recently applied for the Amex Business Delta Skymiles Gold card and was declined.  Reasons for decline aside (score, 3 baddies, length of credit file), since all Amex does is a SP, is it a bad thing to apply for a different business card within a week or two after the decline?  I understand I might get declined again but maybe it makes sense to try a couple others I had my eyes on just cause there is no downside.  Is there downside?  I'm looking at business cards to keep my 5/24 at its current 3/24.

Thanks!

Once you've been denied for an Amex card you usually have to wait either 30 or 90 days from the date of denial before reapplying.  The wait period is determined by whether you were denied for credit-related reasons or for other reasons.  Any additional applications after the initial denial will be automatically rejected by Amex's computers until the wait period expires, and they will cite the recent denial as the reason.

Message 3 of 5
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I would chill while you are ahead. They may send you another letter and realize the items on it haven't been addressed. Also, you don't want Amex putting all eyes on your profile do you?
Message 4 of 5
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

I believe the Delta Gold is their easiest business card to be approved for. I would defintely wait. Why rack up denials.

You don’t want to appear desperate for new credit.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.