Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Business Debit - FTF, Rewards Question

tag
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

PayPal Business Debit - FTF, Rewards Question

Quick Question: Has anyone tried using their PP Business debit for foreign MasterCard (as credit) transaction? I know it charges 1% FTF. Does it still earn the 1% reward (effectively canceling out the FTF)? I am trying to pay something abroad, online, using a MasterCard network.

I do have the 3% setup with PP 2% Cashback MC (Synchrony). I was wondering if I should just charge my Credit card directly... But I do like the PayPal layer to it. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal Business Debit - FTF, Rewards Question

This isn't a business credit card question. My target audience was PayPal Cahsback Mastercard users who link their Business Debit.

Message 2 of 3
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal Business Debit - FTF, Rewards Question

I don't see why you wouldn't get the 1% CB, but I'd probably use the 2% card directly. It'd be like using any rewards card with a FTF -- basically negating the earned rewards and then some.
If you're buying with PayPal, you can still select any credit card linked to your account. I'm not sure why you're trying to use the debit card knowing there's no real benefit. I'm just curious what you mean by the "PayPal layer."
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.