Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Opening Amex

tag
mross1080
Established Contributor

Question about Opening Amex

Ive been really tempted lately to try and get a Business Gold for the 50000 bonus points offer. Heres my situation. I setup a small business about 8 months ago selling on ebay as a side thing. Its only me so I guess im the sole proprieter. Will amex approve a card where the small business is someone selling on ebay? I sell around 3 to 4k  a month plus shipping and its all profit except for the 12 to 14 percent in fees. I dont have a EIN or anything. Between fees and shipping I would charge around 6 to 800 a month. I would be able to charge 10k in the first for months to be able to get the promo. Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about Opening Amex

The card is based on your personal credit so you should have no issue getting it if you qualify.  Amex does not care what kind of business your in as long as you pay in fullSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh another note since this use to be my business, Amex gives 5% cash back on FedEx... if you are doing a lot of shipping, you would benefit from setting up a business account with FedEx and then have it directly billed to your Amex... that will get you an account rep and every 6 months or so you can ask to be reviewed for lower rates based on your shipping quantity... I saved something like $1800 one year just from my 5% fedex!

Message 3 of 5
mross1080
Established Contributor

I apped last night and was denied. Said to soon from when I got my last amex and balance on current amex to high. Ill try again in a couple months right before the promo ends.

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

I apped last night and was denied. Said to soon from when I got my last amex and balance on current amex to high. Ill try again in a couple months right before the promo ends.

I don't know of this offer really expiring... My Business Gold has 25k bonus once I reach 50k in yearly spending, the account has been open for 4 years and still get the offer. of course this year I won't come close to any bonus offersSmiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.