cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Business Credit Card experts (Chase ink)

tag
Jedibarber007
New Contributor

Re: Question for Business Credit Card experts (Chase ink)

Okay, just finished the phone call, and they were just asking about why I wanted the card, what I'm going to use it for, and my income. 

then they started looking at some old late payments I had and what happened there.

also and old baddie I had which they just asked what happened there.

lady was nice and phone call ended about 35 min.

so she said "I appreciate your patience, your application will go for secondary review and will be noticed about our decision in about 72 hours."

sooo yeah I'm thinking I'm not getting it lol 

Starting Score: 661
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 43
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@Jedibarber007 I would call your Chase banker and ask them to vouch for your application...

They can work magic sometimes.

Message 32 of 43
Jedibarber007
New Contributor

Called the banker and he didn't answer so I left him a voicemail.

i checked the automated status and it went from two week message to 7-10 day message. So I'm certain it's a denial. Soo what do you guys recommend? Please my case again with another rep?

Message 33 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Jedibarber007 wrote:

i checked the automated status and it went from two week message to 7-10 day message. So I'm certain it's a denial. Soo what do you guys recommend? Please my case again with another rep?

I think talk to the Business Relationship Manager.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 34 of 43
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jedibarber007 wrote:

If your business hasn't been established for a long period, regardless of what's mentioned upthread with the BRM batting for you, it's going to be a tough sell for them. Then again, we don't know how well your answers fared with the analyst during the grueling 'interview'.  If you have a lot of assets with Chase (business, investments, etc.), then maybe. Typically, the business side of Chase can be a bit more of a challenge than the personal side.

Now, since things have been sent to someone else for review, leave it alone. Do not plead your case again as the notes of the UW you spoke with will be there and the next person you speak with will see them. Let the process take its course (denied or approved). Hopefully, you'll hear something positive, but just temper expectations and let us know the outcome either way.

Message 35 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Jedibarber007 wrote:

If your business hasn't been established for a long period, regardless of what's mentioned upthread with the BRM batting for you, it's going to be a tough sell for them. Then again, we don't know how well your answers fared with the analyst during the grueling 'interview'.  If you have a lot of assets with Chase (business, investments, etc.), then maybe. Typically, the business side of Chase can be a bit more of a challenge than the personal side.

Now, since things have been sent to someone else for review, leave it alone. Do not plead your case again as the notes of the UW you spoke with will be there and the next person you speak with will see them. Let the process take its course (denied or approved). Hopefully, you'll hear something positive, but just temper expectations and let us know the outcome either way.

Generally I agree with the above.  But in this case there was this specific conversation with the Business Relationship Manager:

I did not, so the business relationship manager has been calling me every other week about filling out the application. The application he emailed me was not from the chase website. But it was secured docusign application which had all my information prefilled. I asked him I could go to the branch but he said that this process via email was better since he has more control and ability to persuade back office about it.

Message 36 of 43
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

I really want to know how this story ends.  Anything yet OP?

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 37 of 43
Jedibarber007
New Contributor

I completley forgot to provide an udpate SORRY!!

So I called 2 times for decisions (reconsidiration) and both times it was a no for the same reason. First off they pulled my experian twice which they denied even looking at the first time but I told them I got an inquiry from them the first time (they pulled equifax and experian)

Soooo heres the thing what makes me upset but not really since its the bast. I had an old Closed unpaid card from 8 years ago with chase but experian and Transunion had deleted off report cause of age yet ive been having problems with equifax about it. So they went with that reason.

Also the rep said there was a collection on my experian but I pulled my report and do not have anyting so for sure that was inaccurate. Im 100% cause I checked via annualcredit site. So i think they were just BS.

So...I kinda gave up on even calling again to explain my case again. I am probably going to wait a bit more to apply in the future. Maybe having a large balances will help me out. Hopefully by the end of december I can have at least $15k on the account.

Sorry guys! I have failed!

Message 38 of 43
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Much appreciate sharing your details on the denial.

Don't fret - there are lots of other banks that will extend you credit - using your bank account / AI for newer/startup businesses.

I am looking at apping to:
Torpago

Jeeves

Amex BBP / BBC

Message 39 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Jedibarber007 wrote:

I completley forgot to provide an udpate SORRY!!

So I called 2 times for decisions (reconsidiration) and both times it was a no for the same reason. First off they pulled my experian twice which they denied even looking at the first time but I told them I got an inquiry from them the first time (they pulled equifax and experian)

Soooo heres the thing what makes me upset but not really since its the bast. I had an old Closed unpaid card from 8 years ago with chase but experian and Transunion had deleted off report cause of age yet ive been having problems with equifax about it. So they went with that reason.

Also the rep said there was a collection on my experian but I pulled my report and do not have anyting so for sure that was inaccurate. Im 100% cause I checked via annualcredit site. So i think they were just BS.

So...I kinda gave up on even calling again to explain my case again. I am probably going to wait a bit more to apply in the future. Maybe having a large balances will help me out. Hopefully by the end of december I can have at least $15k on the account.

Sorry guys! I have failed!

Thanks for the update. Sorry for the way it turned out. So much for the business relationship manager 'going to bat' for you; it sounds to me like you were on your own.

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.