cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Business Credit Card experts (Chase ink)

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Question for Business Credit Card experts (Chase ink)

@Jedibarber007 wrote:

I had an old Closed unpaid card from 8 years ago with chase.

Unfortunately you failed to mention an old derog  (charge off?) with Chase. Past reply's would have been different from myself.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 41 of 43
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jedibarber007 wrote:

Called the banker and he didn't answer so I left him a voicemail.

i checked the automated status and it went from two week message to 7-10 day message. So I'm certain it's a denial. Soo what do you guys recommend? Please my case again with another rep?

If your business hasn't been established for a long period, regardless of what's mentioned upthread with the BRM batting for you, it's going to be a tough sell for them. Then again, we don't know how well your answers fared with the analyst during the grueling 'interview'.  If you have a lot of assets with Chase (business, investments, etc.), then maybe. Typically, the business side of Chase can be a bit more of a challenge than the personal side.

Now, since things have been sent to someone else for review, leave it alone. Do not plead your case again as the notes of the UW you spoke with will be there and the next person you speak with will see them. Let the process take its course (denied or approved). Hopefully, you'll hear something positive, but just temper expectations and let us know the outcome either way.

Generally I agree with the above.  But in this case there was this specific conversation with the Business Relationship Manager:

I did not, so the business relationship manager has been calling me every other week about filling out the application. The application he emailed me was not from the chase website. But it was secured docusign application which had all my information prefilled. I asked him I could go to the branch but he said that this process via email was better since he has more control and ability to persuade back office about it.

Again, this is YEMV and depends on the BRM and what lending can/cannot accommodate. As it turns out, the OP provided an update which essentially provides a DP that the BRM had no sway in the decision process.

Message 42 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jedibarber007 wrote:

Called the banker and he didn't answer so I left him a voicemail.

i checked the automated status and it went from two week message to 7-10 day message. So I'm certain it's a denial. Soo what do you guys recommend? Please my case again with another rep?

If your business hasn't been established for a long period, regardless of what's mentioned upthread with the BRM batting for you, it's going to be a tough sell for them. Then again, we don't know how well your answers fared with the analyst during the grueling 'interview'.  If you have a lot of assets with Chase (business, investments, etc.), then maybe. Typically, the business side of Chase can be a bit more of a challenge than the personal side.

Now, since things have been sent to someone else for review, leave it alone. Do not plead your case again as the notes of the UW you spoke with will be there and the next person you speak with will see them. Let the process take its course (denied or approved). Hopefully, you'll hear something positive, but just temper expectations and let us know the outcome either way.

Generally I agree with the above.  But in this case there was this specific conversation with the Business Relationship Manager:

I did not, so the business relationship manager has been calling me every other week about filling out the application. The application he emailed me was not from the chase website. But it was secured docusign application which had all my information prefilled. I asked him I could go to the branch but he said that this process via email was better since he has more control and ability to persuade back office about it.

Again, this is YEMV and depends on the BRM and what lending can/cannot accommodate. As it turns out, the OP provided an update which essentially provides a DP that the BRM had no sway in the decision process.

Agreed.

As I would put it, the BRM was blowing smoke.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.