Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random charges by Fleetcor

tag
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Random charges by Fleetcor

I just logged into my Fuelman mastercard account. I have not used the cards at all since I received them. They show no transactions but there is an outstanding balance for 277.95 I have absolutely no idea what this charge is for. I cannot find any details anywhere on the site for what this is.  Anyone have this happen on one of their accounts?  If this is how they do business, then I am done with them. 

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Random charges by Fleetcor

Is it possible they are charging you a monthly fee that you are not expecting. They have several fees that they can tack on to your account. I had BP card. After the first statement they started charging $10/month fees. I cancelled card immeadiatly.

Message 2 of 16
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

You have got to check your statements every week or month or whatever.  If you check your statement you will see all of the extra charges.  I FINALLY cancelled my card for these unapproved charges.  I would cancel one month, get a refund, then charges the next month.  I had enough and had to cancel.  They left me no choice.  

CAUTION TO ANYONE WITH ANY FUELMAN OR FLEETCOR PRODUCT.  CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 3 of 16
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

@ToughFistFight wrote:

You have got to check your statements every week or month or whatever.  If you check your statement you will see all of the extra charges.  I FINALLY cancelled my card for these unapproved charges.  I would cancel one month, get a refund, then charges the next month.  I had enough and had to cancel.  They left me no choice.  

CAUTION TO ANYONE WITH ANY FUELMAN OR FLEETCOR PRODUCT.  CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS.  

That is the part that has me so confused,there is no activity or anything on a statement it is just suddenly a balance I have no clue where it came from. I sent an email in to the woman that set up the account and told her just close my account that random charges with no explaination dont fly with me. At this point I have other revolvering lines with much better CL's to work with, I dont need them. 

Message 4 of 16
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Wow, that is unusual for them.

I have the Fuelman MC and check every week as payment is due - Net 14 terms.

Also every month, I get a call from their account manager to make sure we are  happy with the account.

Every month I tell him that the cards are not prompting for driver ID (PIN) when fuel is dispensed and vows to fix it.

Fixed for a month and then stops.

Very strange and inconsistent issue so I switched recently to ARCO (another Fleetcor) and the cards are now asking for PIN & odometer which is much better for my business.  Plus lower fuel costs at the pump as ARCO is almost as cheap as Sam's Club or Costco gas.

Message 5 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

I sent an email in to the woman that set up the account 

You need to call....seriously.  Have her send you the list of charges or have her send you a confirmation that the charges (bogus or not) have been removed....again, seriously.  This can come back and bite you in the caboose!  Have them send you something you can prove later on down the road should they pull a fast one again.  I don't trust them just from reading years of negative past experiences on this forum and from my own convo's with these ppl.  Get some proof, even if you have to call multiple times, insist!  Protect your biz credit profile.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

You need to call....seriously.  Have her send you the list of charges or have her send you a confirmation that the charges (bogus or not) have been removed....again, seriously.  This can come back and bite you in the caboose!  Have them send you something you can prove later on down the road should they pull a fast one again.  I don't trust them just from reading years of negative past experiences on this forum and from my own convo's with these ppl.  Get some proof, even if you have to call multiple times, insist!  Protect your biz credit profile.

Good advice and the law does not convey the same safety net features to business type accounts/cards that consumer cards include! Be aware ...  Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 16
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

Good advice and the law does not convey the same safety net features to business type accounts/cards that consumer cards include! Be aware ...  Smiley Mad

Thanks for the advice, I attempted to call in yesterday after discovering the issue but sat on hold forever and no one ever answered. I will try again Monday until she answers me. I have never charged a penny since the account was open. I have taken a month off so no need to use the fuel cards. I am also aware that unlike the consumer protections on personal cards that the Biz cards are a shark tank. If I had to take a wild guess, They are nailing me for a "high risk assessment" among other things. How do they claim I am high risk if I have not even used the cards yet? She was either calling or emailing me to use the cards until I told her that I was off for a month. silence since then and now a surprise charge with no information on the what the charges even are.  either way I am done with these people.  The old saying applies here " screw me once it's your fault, screw me twice it's MY fault"

Message 8 of 16
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

I called in this morning, CSR told me how I had a past due statement and that they sent a letter. I informed her that it would be impossible for me to have past due statement when my cards have never been used. I told her I demanded a copy proving any such charges to my account. She put me on hold for at least 10 minutes, she came back and admitted that there were never any charges using my cards and offered to issue a credit for next month. I told her to use that credit and zero out the account and close it immediately. I was transfered to another CSR and they confirmed the account was closed and sent an email conformation of the closure.   BUYER BEWARE with these people. 

It leaves me wondering how much money they pull in per year for all the frivolous charges they hit people with that are not discovered by the business owner who in turn just pays the bill without question?  

Message 9 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

she came back and admitted that there were never any charges using my cards and offered to issue a credit for next month. I told her to use that credit and zero out the account and close it immediately. I was transfered to another CSR and they confirmed the account was closed and sent an email conformation of the closure.   

But did you get a 0 balance stmt. in that said email?  If not, hate to say it but call back, get that 0 balance letter.  Don't trust...period.  Get it in writing.  Also, log in, SS your acct. details including said "credit" if it's even posted.   Call and SS.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.