Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommednation for Small Business Credit Card-701 Credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommednation for Small Business Credit Card-701 Credit score

I'm looking for a small best credit card that it most likely to approve me for the highest possible limit with a credit score of 701. I don't care about rewards or apr since I don't plan on carrying the major balances for anymore than 6 months at a time. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

P.S. I prefer cards that only report to business and not personal credit so as not to increase my personal credit utilization.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DapprD
Regular Contributor

Re: Recommednation for Small Business Credit Card-701 Credit score

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking for a small best credit card that it most likely to approve me for the highest possible limit with a credit score of 701. I don't care about rewards or apr since I don't plan on carrying the major balances for anymore than 6 months at a time. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

P.S. I prefer cards that only report to business and not personal credit so as not to increase my personal credit utilization.

My 1st Business Credit Card was with AMEX.  With your score, you shouldn't have a problem.

Starting Score: 567
Current Score: 739
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Amex might be the only major with no other biz credit.
Fairly certain Citi and BoA pull a biz report in addition to personal.
Not sure of Chase.
The one thing though is while we all seek 'high limits' it is kind of a crapshoot about getting them.
And a 701 ( no idea of type or CRA) it probably won't happen.
I'd expect an entry limit with whoever is chosen.
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with the others that your best bet for the first card is Amex.

Don't expect a huge starting limit but they're generous with credit limit increases.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree I would go with Amex for your first card. My Amex simply cash was my first business card. Was not an instant approval but was ultimately approved for a $9k Limit. At time of app EX was 680-690 around there, If already have Amex cards, no HP on personal cr, like some other business cards.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaxstraw wrote:
Fairly certain Citi and BoA pull a biz report in addition to personal.

That's odd, I was denied @ BoA without any HP on my personal side. I figure'd they would at least check personal since i had no Biz credit, but nothing. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. For those who recommended Amex, did they bse their decision off of credit score alone or did they request additional documentation? (tax returns, bank statements,etc...)

Message 7 of 13
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. For those who recommended Amex, did they bse their decision off of credit score alone or did they request additional documentation? (tax returns, bank statements,etc...)

Score , personal credit report ,and I had to upload my most recent bank statement for address verification.

I just got my first Amex biz CC a month ago so this is still fresh in my mind.

Since that was what they stated it was for (address verify)....I only uploaded the first page of the statement. It had no financial data.

They seemed fine with that alone and gave an approval shortly after.

Some have reported Amex asking to link biz bank account during application. Probably to check revenue/profit accuracy if a flag comes up with app.

It is best to be honest with Amex as far as those numbers on the app. 

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jaxstraw, which Amex Business card in particular did you apply for?

Message 9 of 13
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Jaxstraw, which Amex Business card in particular did you apply for?

Blue Business Plus.

I had tried for the past few years for a business CC with them and was denied probably 2 times.

It wasn't until I was approved for a personal Amex CC that all of the sudden a few days later I was approved for the biz.

There was a post at one time about if that helped....personal first ......no consensus was proven......but it seemed work in my case.

Jax

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.