Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected for Chase Marriott Business --> data

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Rejected for Chase Marriott Business --> data

Got turned down for the Chase Business Marriott card for too many accounts with balances (10) and too many  inquiries (6).

EX FICO 8 was 759.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Rejected for Chase Marriott Business --> data

Sounds like a BS automated excuse to me.
Thanks for the data points!
Message 2 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Sounds like a BS automated excuse to me.
Thanks for the data points!

It was delivered by an individual over the phone, but he was clearly reading from his computer screen. He said "it's denying the application because of there being 10 accounts with balances, and also because of too many inquiries".

Message 3 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Guess this one is out for me. I have normally 13 or so reporting balances. It's never been an issue in the past with apps for Chase cards.
Maybe they're tightening even more?While they raise every fee they can under the sun. Some things need regulations..just saying.🤣
Message 4 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

10 isn't really a lot if you have say at least 20 accts. or more---unless the balances are rather large. Most of the approvals I've gotten over the last few years have been while having at least 10 or more accts. with balances.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I completely agree credit whore.😁
It's pretty rare for me to see a denial for the number of accounts reporting a balance.
Message 6 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

10 isn't really a lot if you have say at least 20 accts. or more---unless the balances are rather large. Most of the approvals I've gotten over the last few years have been while having at least 10 or more accts. with balances.

That's the way I feel. I actually didn't have 10, I had 9 revolvers reporting balances, out of a total of 28 reporting accounts. And total utilization was about 7.5%. And 6 inquiries in a year didn't seem like such a big deal either.

Message 7 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

That's a bummer, but thanks for sharing those data points. I have considered this specific one after some of my newest accounts aged off a bit. Since I'm sure I'd be grilled a bit 😁

On the upside, it's good that it's still not part of 5/24 (for now) which may allow you to consider it at a later point.
Message 8 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
That's a bummer, but thanks for sharing those data points. I have considered this specific one after some of my newest accounts aged off a bit. Since I'm sure I'd be grilled a bit 😁

On the upside, it's good that it's still not part of 5/24 (for now) which may allow you to consider it at a later point.

I'm not going to consider it at a later point. If Chase preapproves me for an Ink card, I  might go for that.  But otherwise I'm done applying for things with Chase.

Message 9 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I completely agree credit whore.😁
It's pretty rare for me to see a denial for the number of accounts reporting a balance.

LOL Gmood1--Actually that would have fit back when I was in the first year or 2 of my rebuild. Smiley LOL
@South Jamaica: Did they require EIN to app for this card?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.