Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected over the phone for FIA CSNA biz card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rejected over the phone for FIA CSNA biz card

Hi, first post.

Applied for a business CC today. The CSR asked for business name, my SSN.   They did not ask for EIN or any other business  Ran report (looks like against Equifax) and it got declined.  My Equifax as pulled by MyFICO is 755, my Trans Union is 772.  No derogs, no other inquiries.  Have a mortgage and one other personal CC with a 43% utilization (which should drop to 33% by end of month).  I was a victim of the Advanta mess but they never reported.  

Could the this be what caused the decline?  Otherwise I'm perplexed.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rejected over the phone for FIA CSNA biz card

FIA CSNA? I thought they were a collection agencyof some kind. With personal fico in that range you should not had any problems obtaining a new cc for your business. Utility is a little high at 43 percent but overall I dont see no problem here.. have you tried for key bank ???they gave me a great credit line at 10k with no pg i probably would have got more with pg..
Message Edited by 2wheel on 06-11-2009 07:20 PM
2wheel
Message 2 of 11
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

ADVANTA BLOWS!!!!!!! Had to get it out
2wheel
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, not a collection agency; a bit of googling tells me that they used to be MBNA and Bank of America is behind them somehow.  I was trying to get a business card through my credit union (TechCU) and that's apparently who they use.

Have not tried Key Bank.  Advanta referred me to Amex (no thanks).  Thought about getting a bizcard through Citi (where my personal CC is) but I have enough trouble as it is keeping my interest rate down despite 19 years of good history with them.

And yeah, Advanta sucks, but no more than apparently anyone else.

I'm quite perplexed.  Utilization is the only thing I can think of at this point.  Thanks for the response.

Message Edited by roxnadz on 06-11-2009 07:41 PM
Message Edited by roxnadz on 06-11-2009 08:44 PM
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

in this credit market 43% is going to kill a lot of apps with big banks.

Try Key Bank or Home Depot if you have enough annual rev... they are both NO PG so util won't matter.

also Sams Discover with PG will be more forgiving of the util 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something tells me that banks still have no reason to lend to anyone other than those who can pay their business expenses out of their pockets.

The only reason why the card is even at 43% util is because I was supporting the business on it while trying to plow through all the pre-approval mails to find a decent card to put all my business expenses on.   The moment I want/need it...

I believe this was a personal guarantee card anyway, so it's probably for the best that I didn't get approved. 

I guess what's bothering me is that if utilization is such a big deal with regards to my credit score, then my credit score should be lower.

Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh you mean your 43% on your advanta card? so it's not on your personal credit?

I would call back door number and talk to credit and see what's up.

don't take no for an answer for at least 3 try's

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it's the personal CC, the Advanta card had very little on it.
Message 8 of 11
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

I would try key bank they are backed by citi and will give generous lines if you have been in business for a while and have a good paydex score thru DnB.
2wheel
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My personal CC is with Citi...wouldn't that be an issue?  Why not just go with Citi in the first place?  Not like I've got a great relationship with them either - their response to 19 years of blemish-free credit history is to double my interest rate, then when I call in to have it lowered, tell me they'll close my account after a year.

And the credit industry isn't a sham, how again?

Don't have a D&B number yet because the company is still a sole proprietorship (we're in the process of going LLC). So I haven't even investigated that part yet.  Business is 3 years old.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.