Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club PLCC Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sam's Club PLCC Approval

So last night i went into the local Sam's club with the intetion of applying for their MC for the business and no PG. After some confusion as to how to submit a business app with their employees they finally found the business application in their computer. They ran it, it said to call in a number and i was transfered to a verification department which they verified my info and they came back on the phone saying we were approved for a Sam's Club PLCC for 10k, how can i get the MC version of this? Were they suppose to put in a specific app for the MC version? They basically told me on the phone(Synchrony) that it's one app but they determine what the business qualifies for. I'm just shocked we didn't get approved for the MC but yet they gave us an initial limit of 10k for a PLCC. Hoping anyone that is experienced with these products can chime in. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Sam's Club PLCC Approval

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It is 1000% the most frustrating Sync relationship because Sams employees just are not trained on it and don't usually know the computer prompts... I usually hang across the desk and point to what things I want filled in and clicked and sometimes that really ruffles employees feathers but it STILL doesn't mean it's going to work and go through.

I like you have a Store Card, and I have applied probably 8+ times in last 2 years and can not get the MC

Message 3 of 7
missmeek77

I had that same experience .. Meaning they couldnt find the app and said it was only one application on their system. Did they tell you how they found the business app. They kept trying to have me apply for personal card.

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oh, I’m that person that hangs over the counter if they won’t turn the monitor around for me and point and tell them where to click and what to fill in.
When they go to the credit screen, they have to click on business and then up above is a button for business credit.
Then about half way down is a button to check for “No PG”
Message 5 of 7
missmeek77

Thank you so much.. normally that's how I would be.. but the last there kept telling me I needed my social and I was like no... I DON'T... She was asking so many personal questions.. I wanted to strangle her!! Fingers crossed I have been Incorporated since 2017 with 8 trades reporting.. hopefully that will help!
Message 6 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

The Synchrony rep is correct - from my personal and business experiences, and the business application that is printable online, when you apply for credit, they consider the application for the MC and the PLCC.  If you're not approved for the MC, they will consider you for the PLCC. 

As far as I can tell, there is no conversion from PLCC to MC; you have to re-apply later.  That's how I ended up with all four versions - personal PLCC, personal MC, business PLCC, business MC.  They used to offer extended term financing, but I haven't seen any offers in a while.  It's good for demonstrating responsible card usage.  

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.