Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club Store Card No PG... 2 Weeks Later Sam's MC No PG w/data points

tag
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Store Card No PG... 2 Weeks Later Sam's MC No PG w/data points

@bizcredit11 wrote:

That depends on your business credit profile Time2letgo.

Normally it's a combination of vendor, store, gas, and revolving accounts that are being built and reported. 

Under normal circumstances between 10-15 accounts depending on the history and limits of those reporting. 

When I see your business credit you have many revolving accounts already. How many tradelines do you have reporting on Experian biz?

Depending on what's reporting you may have enough already. 3-5 could do it because of your revolving history currently.

bizcredit11

Still trying to get a hang of how this business credit thingy works. I have been a registered dba self employed since 2011. In 2014 I formed a Corp and filed as an S-Corp but on advise of my CPA changed it to a LLC in 2015. The business has been steadily growing now and employs 4 full time employees and 4 independent contractors. I have not had any issues getting business credit cards because all the ones I have are based off of my personal credit and when I pull my duns report it doesn't seem like any of them are reporting. Only a couple stationery suppliers report but the limits they show are $300 since we typically don't have monthly orders in excess of that amount.  I haven't pulled Experian business lately, will do that this week. Just signed up for the Duns credit builder last week and added a few trade references manually which they verified, 3 of which were accepted and bumped my Paydex from a 80 to 87. I don't plan on keeping that service for more that 3 months as I will be billed quarterly, but was just wondering what is a good number of tradelines that will look attractive to perspective lenders but not look like this company already has too many open lines.

Update:

Couldn't find a free way to view Experian Biz report but paid for a 1 year subscription @ $179.00. Turns out that the Chase biz card and PNC biz card are reporting. Not sure if that's because those are the 2  cards that currently have a balance right now but for some reason those 2 don't even show on Duns report but I'll continue to monitor.  I appreciate all the help I have received from this forum.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 11 of 48
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

@Timetoletgo

"I have not had any issues getting business credit cards because all the ones I have are based off of my personal credit."

You can get business credit/approvals much faster/larger with a PG. Your business credit cards can still be hidden (like AMX & many others).

No one I have ever spoken with has said that D&B Credit Builder is worth the money. 3 months is plenty, but the problem is when you stop paying for the service your tradelines that D&B "ok"d to boost your Paydex say...disappear. Even though you paid for that...that should not happen.

"What is a good number of tradelines that will look attractive to perspective lenders?"

A good number of tradelines that will look attractive to perspective lenders are ones that you can comfortably and financially manage. Although, if you are going to PG all your business credit cards/store cards, and gas cards don't be concerned about creating tradelines. Just let it happen over time. You don't need tradelines for approval; you are PG'ing... just have excellent personal credit.

Experian biz is well worth the $179 annually. It's the only credit bureau I pay for because it's the one the majority of my lendors use. D&B is slow and Equifax biz is a whole nother beast. In comparison, Experian biz puts the other 2 to shame. 

bizcredit11

Message 12 of 48
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Ultimately, your D&B report is not the most important. Granted it helps to have multiple accounts reporting to build your file/credit. 

Experian biz will serve you the best! Chase, AMX, PNC, and a multitude of others will pull here because it's dependable. 

Equifax biz is a crap shoot! I don't trust Equifax biz, nor do I want to do business with a company that pulls just them.

bizcredit11

Message 13 of 48
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@bizcredit11 wrote:

Equifax biz is a crap shoot! I don't trust Equifax biz, nor do I want to do business with a company that pulls just them. Citi Staples is the only one reporting to them for me...meh.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a recon number for the Sams Club MC? I still have not received a letter or anything on my app that I did 2 weeks ago

Message 15 of 48
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Perhaps with the holiday you will receive something today or tomorrow Fenderguy.

I pulled these off the "Backdoor Numbers" post from Scamp

Sam's Club: 800-301-5546, 866-246-4282 (Underwriting)
Sam's Club/WalMart: 877-294-7541 (escalated help desk)

Perhaps one of the above will be helpful. There are other Synchrony #'s on the post as well.

Good hunting!

bizcredit11

Message 16 of 48
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Just requested a 40% increase on my Sam's Club No PG Mastercard. Started at $12.5k 3 months ago. 

I was on the line for about 10 minutes with Synchrony Corporate (Credit Solutions), then got cut off. 

Called back and could not connect with the same rep that had me on hold. Rather than run another CLI I

opted to wait and see if she would call back. No return call, but I was approved for $17.5k according to my 

online account. 

I payed $30 in total interest during the first and second statements. The third statement I paid in full which 

was $2272-. Since it recently reported on Experian Biz, I took a shot even though it's only been 3 months.

Synchrony did pull my Experian biz report for the CLI. 15 tradelines are reporting. 

So, my Sam's Club MC has been on my Experian biz for over 3 reporting statements. Still not on my D&B report even though my Sam's store biz card reported there 3-4 months ago. D&B is such a racket! I had a call from D&B recently, but I refuse to call them back. I don't need or want their services. 

Anyway, I never mind taking a shot with No PG business CLI's. You never know until you ask.

bizcredit11

Message 17 of 48
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@bizcredit11 wrote:

Just requested a 40% increase on my Sam's Club No PG Mastercard. Started at $12.5k 3 months ago. 

I was on the line for about 10 minutes with Synchrony Corporate (Credit Solutions), then got cut off. 

Called back and could not connect with the same rep that had me on hold. Rather than run another CLI I

opted to wait and see if she would call back. No return call, but I was approved for $17.5k according to my 

online account. 

I payed $30 in total interest during the first and second statements. The third statement I paid in full which 

was $2272-. Since it recently reported on Experian Biz, I took a shot even though it's only been 3 months. 

So, my Sam's Club MC has been on my Experian biz for over 3 reporting statements. Still not on my D&B report even though my Sam's store biz card reported there 3-4 months ago. D&B is such a racket! I had a call from D&B recently, but I refuse to call them back. I don't want their services. 

Anyway, I never mind taking a shot with No PG business CLI's. You never know until you ask.

bizcredit11

Great job !!!

I know you have been looking at/for a CLI on this card for a bit now from some of the other posts I've read.

Glad it all worked out and thanks for the DP's.

I just got my second statement tonight......will probably try at my third also.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 18 of 48
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@bizcredit11 wrote:

online account.

Congrats!  Nice sl and cli. Thanks for posting, would like this card too.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 19 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gee, makes me wish I had a Sam's club around here!

I had to settle for Lowe's because there's an actual physical store within 100 miles.

Sadly they only approved me for $2K, which makes it difficult for what my plans were. Since it's SYNCH though maybe CLI will be generous over time.

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.