That's so predatorial!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 31 of 48
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Sam's Club Store Card No PG... 2 Weeks Later Sam's MC No PG w/data points

@GApeachy wrote:

That's so predatorial!

Yes after 3 years with them...  try and equate that to an interest rate!  Putting it in quickbooks was a challenge...  "what do I call this?"

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 32 of 48
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:
@GApeachy wrote:

That's so predatorial!

Yes after 3 years with them...  try and equate that to an interest rate!  Putting it in quickbooks was a challenge...  "what do I call this?"

This is off subject but I'm not sure how Exp Biz cr judges your pymts.  So for that last few months, as that's all the time I've had biz credit, I pif.  What would happen if say I pd. 90% vs. 80% and so on?  Does your credit score plummet if you don't pif? Like do you have to pif to maintain a credit score in the 90's?  I don't want to lose my 91 and already pif'd my pymt....I'm just curious how it all works.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 33 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread grabbed my attention. I've only recently got two amex biz cards. SCP-6/19-2000 SL, BBP-8/19-5300 SL.

I would just app for a different American Express but want to get everyday card September 25th when I'm not 2/90.
I started in biz about 20 months ago. Ind. Cont. I use my name as biz name, and only ss# for amex biz.
Since I don't want to get a biz card with amex next, any thoughts on the next bank that may approve me with short biz history? Don't want any that report to personal..
I have a good relationship with synchrony..
Got in with Citi in July 1 cc 5400 sl.
I don't mind personal garuntee.
Obviously if not from American Express I'll expect a hard pull.
Personal credit-
740-755 FICO, 8% UTI. (Drop to 3 % in a week) 3,4,and 5 inquiries scorable.
Aaoa 1 year. Aooa 2 years 3 months.
3 accounts opened in past 7 months. 5 in last 12 months. (Only personal)
I'm looking for a card I obviously could qualify for. Mostly interested in sub. Unless I can get a card that gives higher than 2% or 2 points in rewards for paying utilities (last main category not covered with other cards)
Sorry if I'm asking questions already answered but I'm very new to the personal side of this.
P. S- I opened a us bank checking account last night to form a relationship. Said couldn't approve me but got an account number, and CSR said I was approved. Scared to apply for us bank without relationship.
Thanks for any info you can provide 😊
Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they do have a business membership I have one. I have tow businesses. I have a store card for company A for $7,000 no PG. Company B I had a store card for $11,000 no PG and applied for the MasterCard and was approved for $12,500 no PG but they sent a blue (not green) store card instead so now I have two store card accounts with no PG.....I don’t know if I should call and point out the error and try and get them to switch it to the MC I think they will close the account and open another if they do do that....not sure maybe keep both and reapply for MC in a few months!?
Message 35 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks!  Good info!

Message 36 of 48
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

@Scott18684

Did you update the 2nd business store card to a MC? That seems like a Synchrony mistake.

You do not have to wait to reapply for the MC, but you may not have to apply at all if they should of sent you a MC in the first place. Did you receive a print out at the store stating your approval for the MC?

bizcredit11

Message 37 of 48
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Just received an auto CLI to $19.3k from $17.5k on my statement. That's a bit over 10%. No apparent pull.

I was planning on asking for 21k CLI. 20% increase. It's no PG so I don't think I have much to lose.

Credit Solutions will say yes, no, or make a counter offer.

That's what i like about No PG accounts. HP doesn't exist. Waiting for my reports to update.

bizcredit11

Message 38 of 48
daveg38
Established Contributor

Does anyone have MINIMUM data points to get approved for just the store card?

I seen the OP had 11 reporting accounts - is that the baseline?

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO I had a similar situation.  I had a store card for $11,000 no PG for my business.  I then applied for the Business Mastercard and had to call synchrony at the store and the rep came on the line and said it had to be processed.  I got a letter in the mail unable to verify business phone number.  I called synchrony and explained the letter I got and eventually was approved for $12,500 for the Mastercard.  I got a storecard in the mail for the $12,500.  I went to the store a few weeks later and wanted to apply for the Business Mastercard I explained to the rep at the store and on the ipad was not able to so because the link you click on already said approved.  After several calls a rep on the phone with synchrony was able to remove the second store card.  I thought when he said that he meant he was closing the account.  He said it was done in error and he had rmoved it so I could apply for the mastercard.  So I went back on the ipad at the store and applied for the business mastercard again.  It went to pending and said to call.  I called in to synchrony and after several calls and transfered to wrong departments ect...they had to call my cell phone and give a pin number and password to verify and then went to final underwriting finally got approved for $15,000 sams club mastercard.  I also used my second store card for $12,500 still it wasnt closed I used it before I left.  I also have the first store card for $11,000.  So in total, $11K and $12,500 store card and $15K Business MC all thi No PG.  I also have a second business with seperate EIN number and store card with that company for $7K.  I am going tomorrow to apply for the mastercard again for that business. I changed my mailing or billing address to a seperate address from the business which was my home address and that is what I think may have triggered getting a second store card because it had a different address on the account. 

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.