Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Business Card - Approved No MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sams Business Card - Approved No MasterCard

Hello all,

My company was approved for a $15k Sams Business Account unfortunately it was not a Mastercard.

Will Syncrony upgrade this card to a Mastercard or am I out of luck?

Thanks all,

Faccnator

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sams Business Card - Approved No MasterCard

There's not many DPs that point to the Sam's biz MC upgrades so my guess is that you're stuck for a while.

A member has reported numerous application attempts for the MC, but it ends up getting approved for the retail biz card instead - no MC upgrade whatsoever.

At least you have an approval vs denial 😁
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm about to apply for that card as well. Did you happen to PG? I was going to, hoping it would give me a higher limit. And hopefully the MC, I don't have a need for a store card.

Message 3 of 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

OP,

I read in this forum that Synchrony was doing alway with the store level card and converting them to Mastercards. So as a holder of both, I contacted Sam’s and they cinfirm d but also indicated it was cardholders choice. Letters were to be sent in September with conversion in October.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. I hope that is true. We will see I suppose.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go read the attachment in my Sams MC post I did just recently. I appd and was approved for the store card. Then the lady read that after I asked about converting it to MC. So we called and they switched it right over after I verified my identity. That simple. The phone number is in the attachment. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar situation. I just called the number in your attachment from the previous post. The guy said they haven't "exactly" discontinued the store card (whatever that means).

He looked up my acct, approved October 2017, and said I wouldn't be eligible to upgrade because of time since approval. I'm not sure the exact amount of time you have, but it has to be within a certian time frame from sign up if you want to change.

There's no annual fee on it... But I feel like I should cancel mine. I already have the sams personal Mc and I have yet to use the business store card once in a year and a half. I've just been waiting for an offer to upgrade but I don't think it's ever going to come
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.