cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Business Card vs Citi Costco Business

Frequent Contributor

Re: Sams Business Card vs Citi Costco Business

@bloccoblu wrote:

I went ahead and applied for the Sams business card as I already had a business membership and also liked the idea of no hard pull on personal. The associate entered minimal information which I was suprised by. She didnt enter DUNS number just EIN and business type. The account went pending so she called. They only asked that she verify the business address and phone number she entered. (I believe she entered something inaccurately). Then within a minute or 2 they said approved for the store card 2500 limit. I have scores on all business credit reports but minimal accounts so Im assuming that to be the reason for not getting the mastercard with no PG. Ill just use it at walmart for shipping supples and apply for the mastercard in about 3 months. Hopefully theyll approve it otherwise Ill just go ahead and go for a business card using my guarantee. Thanks again for all the helpful insight.

Congratulations on the approval.  I know it's not what you wanted, but like I mentioned, I was approved for the Mastercard a 3 or 4 months after being approved for the store card, so definetely give it another try in a few months.

Message 11 of 14
New Contributor

I found out today that the cashier entered the incorrect address and didnt even enter my DUNS number at all from my sams application. Underwriting also advised that since my first application was actually approved I would have to apply again in store to see if something different is approved. Do you know if I should wait a certain number of days before applying for the mastercard? I dont want a denial because of timing. Thanks for any info

Message 12 of 14
Frequent Contributor

@bloccoblu wrote:

I found out today that the cashier entered the incorrect address and didnt even enter my DUNS number at all from my sams application. Underwriting also advised that since my first application was actually approved I would have to apply again in store to see if something different is approved. Do you know if I should wait a certain number of days before applying for the mastercard? I dont want a denial because of timing. Thanks for any info

I've heard there's no time limit on applying again, however I have no idea how that affects approval.  Since it's a NO PG card and inquires don't affect business credit like it does personal, I would apply again now, and if given the opportunity to speak to the Sync rep, I would express to them, you're seeking the Mastercard.

Message 13 of 14
New Contributor

Ok. Thanks for your promt reply.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.