Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Business Card vs Citi Costco Business

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sams Business Card vs Citi Costco Business

@bloccoblu wrote:

I went ahead and applied for the Sams business card as I already had a business membership and also liked the idea of no hard pull on personal. The associate entered minimal information which I was suprised by. She didnt enter DUNS number just EIN and business type. The account went pending so she called. They only asked that she verify the business address and phone number she entered. (I believe she entered something inaccurately). Then within a minute or 2 they said approved for the store card 2500 limit. I have scores on all business credit reports but minimal accounts so Im assuming that to be the reason for not getting the mastercard with no PG. Ill just use it at walmart for shipping supples and apply for the mastercard in about 3 months. Hopefully theyll approve it otherwise Ill just go ahead and go for a business card using my guarantee. Thanks again for all the helpful insight.

Congratulations on the approval.  I know it's not what you wanted, but like I mentioned, I was approved for the Mastercard a 3 or 4 months after being approved for the store card, so definetely give it another try in a few months.

Message 11 of 24
bloccoblu
Contributor

I found out today that the cashier entered the incorrect address and didnt even enter my DUNS number at all from my sams application. Underwriting also advised that since my first application was actually approved I would have to apply again in store to see if something different is approved. Do you know if I should wait a certain number of days before applying for the mastercard? I dont want a denial because of timing. Thanks for any info

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bloccoblu wrote:

I found out today that the cashier entered the incorrect address and didnt even enter my DUNS number at all from my sams application. Underwriting also advised that since my first application was actually approved I would have to apply again in store to see if something different is approved. Do you know if I should wait a certain number of days before applying for the mastercard? I dont want a denial because of timing. Thanks for any info

I've heard there's no time limit on applying again, however I have no idea how that affects approval.  Since it's a NO PG card and inquires don't affect business credit like it does personal, I would apply again now, and if given the opportunity to speak to the Sync rep, I would express to them, you're seeking the Mastercard.

Message 13 of 24
bloccoblu
Contributor

Ok. Thanks for your promt reply.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@bloccoblu wrote:

I've heard there's no time limit on applying again, however I have no idea how that affects approval.  Since it's a NO PG card and inquires don't affect business credit like it does personal, I would apply again now, and if given the opportunity to speak to the Sync rep, I would express to them, you're seeking the Mastercard.

Any update on your Sams Club Mastercard? Did you get to apply again? I applied in store today and had the same exact experience where the application was submitted by cashier without my DUNS number and my personal number instead of business number. 

Thinking of applying again after a few days. BTW, how old is your business?

Message 15 of 24
bloccoblu
Contributor

Sorry to hear about that i dont think they have any clue how important that info is.

I didn’t reapply yet. I decided to use the card for 3 months to establish myself with them then go again insist that she enter my information completely and properly and hope for the MasterCard. I was thinking the other day though since she didn’t take my DUNS number if itll even report. Ill know in 2 months I suppose.

My business is 2 years old.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bloccoblu wrote:

Sorry to hear about that i dont think they have any clue how important that info is.

I didn’t reapply yet. I decided to use the card for 3 months to establish myself with them then go again insist that she enter my information completely and properly and hope for the MasterCard. I was thinking the other day though since she didn’t take my DUNS number if itll even report. Ill know in 2 months I suppose.

My business is 2 years old.

When I went back into apply for the Mastercard, I asked for a manager, when he arrived at the desk, he scanned the bar code of the back of my store credit card and then he asked me to look over the information that populated on the screen, and it was all my business info.  I can't remember if he entered any additional info, but I'm sure I had our DUNS# on the paper app I took to the store.  Anyway, the iPad told him to call, he did, the Sync rep asked to speak to me, and verified all the basic info, put me on hold, came back after a few and said congratulations your application is approved, I asked was it the store or mastercard, he replied it was the mastercard.  

I have heard of some people getting approved for multiple store cards when trying for the mastercard, but if that happens and you don't want a 2nd store card, them I'm sure you can decline or if thats not an option at that time, you can call when the card for the 2nd store account arrives and close it.  

Chances are though, if your business has a decent report, and you use the store card for a couple of months, you'll get the Mastercard the next time you apply.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate you starting this thread and all that participated in it. I’ve been trying to find a way to get a business card going without a PG. after reading this at work today, I stopped at Sams on my way home. The CS rep converted my membership to a business, no problem. Asked for business name, phone, EIN. I was sure to ask her to enter my DUNS. I’m not sure she’s ever done a business card app before because she said the application came back as “referred”, wrote down a phone number, told me to call it and sent me on my way. I called the number right then and walked around the store while on the phone with them. After being transferred 3 times, they asked for a reference number, which I wasn’t given lol. I verified the business info again, boom approved for $3.5K just like that. Crazy because I only have Quill reporting and it’s been a while since attempting any business credit. Checked Nav today and DUNS is reporting Grade “A” FWIW. Business started Oct 2019. Long story short, thanks for the thread! Literally made my day.
Message 18 of 24
bloccoblu
Contributor

Congratulations!!!!im glad you benefited from the thread. I’ve definitely have benefited from this forum on both the personal and business side of things.

I wish you much success in the future.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I appreciate you starting this thread and all that participated in it. I’ve been trying to find a way to get a business card going without a PG. after reading this at work today, I stopped at Sams on my way home. The CS rep converted my membership to a business, no problem. Asked for business name, phone, EIN. I was sure to ask her to enter my DUNS. I’m not sure she’s ever done a business card app before because she said the application came back as “referred”, wrote down a phone number, told me to call it and sent me on my way. I called the number right then and walked around the store while on the phone with them. After being transferred 3 times, they asked for a reference number, which I wasn’t given lol. I verified the business info again, boom approved for $3.5K just like that. Crazy because I only have Quill reporting and it’s been a while since attempting any business credit. Checked Nav today and DUNS is reporting Grade “A” FWIW. Business started Oct 2019. Long story short, thanks for the thread! Literally made my day.

Congratulations!  Any idea if it was business store or Mastercard?  If it's store, I would recommend using it for 3 months and then go back and apply again to see if you get the Mastercard.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.