Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club Business Discover

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sams Club Business Discover

So I have been trying to get the Discover card for the last 2 years almost. Each time I'm declined without PG but they increase my limit on the store card that I have without PG. So as of most recently I am now up to $7500 Store Card.  I finally decided to PG it just to get Discover and I was declined, went back in a month or so later with partner and that was declined AGAIN!

Got the letter today, called and spoke with credit who first said it was declined because I already have an account.  I said I was trying to upgrade not get a new account, so then he says can we close the private label card, I said you can close that if you open a discover but otherwise no.  Finally he comes back and says I can give you a 5k limit on the Discover.  I was like after PG'ing my credit line is actually going down?

Then he tells me he can give me the Discover card with the PG for the 5k and LEAVE my Private Label $7500 limit OPEN.

GE is such a mess but I'm super happy now!!! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Sams Club Business Discover

Congrats. I love my Sams Discover card.
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Concord have you asked for CLI yet? they said 90 days I could ask for one.

The store card has always given me a cli but wonder if the discover they credit pull each time or just computer generated based on usage and stuff? 

Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I asked for CLI couple of months ago. They did give one. I asked if they pull CR. CSR said yes. There is no hard pull on my CR. They might soft on CR. Not sure. They gave me $10K and I am happy with it. After what happend with Amex, I have no desire to deal with any other credit card companies.I am going to stay low and  wait for accounts turn to 12 months by end of this year and let inquires drop off.  
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.