Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second BBP Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second BBP Card?

Wondering if anyone has a second Blue Business Plus? The business is going to max out the $50k 2x points limit shortly and I'd like to double it if possible.  Anyone have success doing this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Second BBP Card?

A second BBP under the same entity or a separate business entity?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under the same business entity. In the same vein as having 2 personal Amex cards of the same type which I’ve seen some do.
Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Can call and ask, but i would speculate that would be a negative that is why they have a CAP on the spend at 2x rewards

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Agree, the same entity wouldn't qualify for a 2nd one of the same biz product. A separate entity, yes.
Message 5 of 9
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Amex BBP second account datapoint

Tried searching before applying but the most recent thing was several years old and contained bad info.

Getting a second BBP is possible even for the same business. The Rep used having 2 accounts as a selling point of being able to spend 100K and still get 2X points.

Ended up applying for a promo posted on TPG with NLL. 20K points for a second BBP is a sweet deal. Heres to hoping they give it to me. The offer did not have bonus restriction language like most offers do. Will update this thread once the bonus posts. I'll knock out 3K the day I get the card if a buying group has a deal posted.

6th Amex approval within 21 months

SL : 9K

New card for a new LLC

$55,000 extended in credit from Amex

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex BBP second account datapoint

Thanks for posting your recent experience @Shadowfactor. So, this is definitely a plus if it ends up being in your favor, SUB and all.

My last interaction with them was that it couldn't be done, but I suppose this is in the realm of possibilities such as having 6+ revolvers. So, essentially an entity can have a second BBP even with the same EIN?
Message 7 of 9
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BBP second account datapoint

@FinStar wrote:
Thanks for posting your recent experience @Shadowfactor. So, this is definitely a plus if it ends up being in your favor, SUB and all.

My last interaction with them was that it couldn't be done, but I suppose this is in the realm of possibilities such as having 6+ revolvers. So, essentially an entity can have a second BBP even with the same EIN?

This is my 5th Revolver. So I guess its actually my 8th amex approval. I miscalculated. 2 Charge cards plus 6 Revolvers with one closed.

The Representive advised that its possible to have more then one BBP account and she made a point of telling me that many Open customers use it as a way to get around the 50K cap. Datapoints on my travel groups are the same that amex recently was allowing mutiple BBP's.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 8 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wondering if anyone has a second Blue Business Plus? The business is going to max out the $50k 2x points limit shortly and I'd like to double it if possible.  Anyone have success doing this?

Even if you could pull it off, I would recommend that you not do it. Amex is sensitive about being gamed.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.