Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing my Staples no PG experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing my Staples no PG experience

I decided I would add another no PG account and I haven't had much trouble getting accounts anywhere, but I've read Citi can be difficult sometimes

I have been in business for about 17 years (SP), but 3 as an LLC

I went to the Staples website and applied for a Commercial Account (Net 30 without a PG) since it was offering $50 on $150 in purchases and I had some stuff to buy

It came back with a phone number and a report code 26, which from my searching was "name too long" and you usually just need to call for verification

I called in and got a gentlemen who said he needed to put me on hold for 5-10 minutes and review my file

He did not ask me any verification questions

He came back twice during the call and apologized for the delay saying he was working on it

He then came back and said my file required further processing and I would get a letter in the mail in 7-10 days

My searching seemed to indicate this meant I would get a toy limit in the mail in 7-10 days, which would have been fine.

I received a business EX inquiry alert 2 days later

I got a letter dated the same day as my application saying that they needed more information from me and that I must call within 15 days of the original application

The letter seemed to be structured to provide a list of items they were requesting, but my list was "blank"

I called the number, a woman asked for the reference number and the series of letters and numbers at the bottom at the bottom right hand corner of the page.

She asked my the name and address of my company and my position (she didn't ask my name)

She asked me to hold 2-3 minutes which ended up being 30 seconds and told me I was approved for a $2500 limit and I would get my cards in the mail in 7-10 days

Then thanked me and hung up

It seems odd to me that they never asked my name and the only thing I can figure is the letter they send you is some sort of address verification.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
iph38
Valued Member

Re: Sharing my Staples no PG experience

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided I would add another no PG account and I haven't had much trouble getting accounts anywhere, but I've read Citi can be difficult sometimes

I have been in business for about 17 years (SP), but 3 as an LLC

I went to the Staples website and applied for a Commercial Account (Net 30 without a PG) since it was offering $50 on $150 in purchases and I had some stuff to buy

It came back with a phone number and a report code 26, which from my searching was "name too long" and you usually just need to call for verification

I called in and got a gentlemen who said he needed to put me on hold for 5-10 minutes and review my file

He did not ask me any verification questions

He came back twice during the call and apologized for the delay saying he was working on it

He then came back and said my file required further processing and I would get a letter in the mail in 7-10 days

My searching seemed to indicate this meant I would get a toy limit in the mail in 7-10 days, which would have been fine.

I received a business EX inquiry alert 2 days later

I got a letter dated the same day as my application saying that they needed more information from me and that I must call within 15 days of the original application

The letter seemed to be structured to provide a list of items they were requesting, but my list was "blank"

I called the number, a woman asked for the reference number and the series of letters and numbers at the bottom at the bottom right hand corner of the page.

She asked my the name and address of my company and my position (she didn't ask my name)

She asked me to hold 2-3 minutes which ended up being 30 seconds and told me I was approved for a $2500 limit and I would get my cards in the mail in 7-10 days

Then thanked me and hung up

It seems odd to me that they never asked my name and the only thing I can figure is the letter they send you is some sort of address verification.

I app'd for Staples NO PG 5 times before I was approved for $1000.  Then I app'd for Office Depot NO PG 8 times before I was approved for $1000, app'd for TC NO PG once and was approved for $2500 App'd for Citi Biz NO PG Gas Cards and Approved for $5000 each, Sunoco, Exxon, Shell.  Citi is a pain.  I have app'd for a a few Sync backed NO PG Biz cards and get approved instantly for 10's of thousands.  Congrats on your approval.

Message 2 of 7
BizCreditHunter
New Contributor

I received the Code 26 as well, and after they informed obtained my information, gave me the 7-10 days.  I received a letter that they couldn't verify my phone number (which they can actually call and it has an automated attendant).  I called back in and was approved for $500.  I've used it a few times.  I changed to an LLC in March (2017) but had been in business since 2002. 

I have other Citi business cards including Shell, Exxon, and Sunoco.  I received $1,000 revolving on those.  The Staples card was the toughest at $500 Net 30.  These are all NO PG.

Message 3 of 7
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Pray tell, what is PG?

Message 4 of 7
CH2022
New Contributor

PG - Personnel Guarantee

Thinking about Staple for a while. Can you help me with this 

It seems issued by citi. Is it gonna work if we use FEIN number in SSN place for the application ?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH2022 wrote:

It seems issued by citi. Is it gonna work if we use FEIN number in SSN place for the application ?

You cannot use FEIN in place of SSN

This is the link I used.  I can comfortable check the box to apply without guarantor

https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/CRS/acq/launch/index.action?app=UNSOL&langId=EN&mc=S12...

Message 6 of 7
CH2022
New Contributor

Thanks Inverse!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.