Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Recon AMEX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I Recon AMEX?

Hey Ya'll - I apped for the new AMEX Card Cash Magnet as it gave me the pre-approved message when I logged in. I am new to AMEX and got this denial message:

"Dear Mr _______,

Thank you for applying for the SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card. We value your Membership and appreciate your interest in another American Express Card. We regret we are unable to approve this request.

The reason for our decision is that you have reached the maximum number and type of Cards that we will approve within the period of a few months. Please know that your prior application(s) has been approved and your Card has been sent to you. If you have not already done so, you can confirm you have received your Card at americanexpress.com/confirmcard or by calling the phone number on the back of your Card. You may then use your Card immediately and start enjoying the benefits of Card Membership."

If you have any questions, please call 1-866-929-5162 or write to us at the address above. You can also learn more about managing your credit at americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Thank you for your Card Membership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Donna Visco
VP, Global New Accounts

Im wondering if they will reconsider this due to that being the only reason for denial or if I should just wait longer? How much longer should I even wait if so?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I Recon AMEX?

AMEX isn't known for reconsiderations.   Very rare, if any, are overturned.   For the reason(s) cited, AMEX doesn't feel comfortable extending any additional credit to you at ths time.  Hold off until you have established more history with them and then you can reapply again down the road.

If your signature reflects the most updated information, it appears your BCE has a low CL (more likely due to a thin/young profile).   What was the approval amount given on your Simply Cash business card?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I Recon AMEX?

@FinStar wrote:

AMEX isn't known for reconsiderations.   Very rare, if any, are overturned.   For the reason(s) cited, AMEX doesn't feel comfortable extending any additional credit to you at ths time.  Hold off until you have established more history with them and then you can reapply again down the road.

If your signature reflects the most updated information, it appears your BCE has a low CL (more likely due to a thin/young profile).   What was the approval amount given on your Simply Cash business card?

+1

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.