cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somebody stole my business name!!! What to do??

tag
enerey
Regular Contributor

Somebody stole my business name!!! What to do??

Ok so I have been trying to build up my business credit for about 3 months now, finally have some net-30's reporting. So today I check experian reports and type in my business name and there are 3 businesses with my name. Now 2 of them are mine (different addresses) and a third just showed up cause it was not there last week. They have the exact same name in a different town from mine(about 10 min. away). What should I do, they cannot do this. I am in florida and checked the gov. page for the business only mine is there from last year when we finally did all the paperwork. Business is still active and I plan on keeping it that way!!  Does anybody have an opinion on what I could do about this, I have been thinking about driving over there tomorrow (they are not far away) and checking it out.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Somebody stole my business name!!! What to do??

Did you ever trademark your name?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your best bet would be to go to this town and git all the information you can about the company, it's officers at local town/city hall. After you know who's what, have your attorney mail them a letter saying they infringe on your copyrights and you're afraid that if they don't change the name -you will have to file with FBI for business identity theft. Federal prosecutors love those.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
enerey
Regular Contributor

Ok, I drove by and could not find the business. I have navigation so I am sure I did not miss it. Now I am thinking that one of the net-30  companies I got reported the wrong address, I will have to buy the report to find out for sure and go from there.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.