Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staples Business Card CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Staples Business Card CLI

I use to not use this card very much and it had a $700 limit, after some talk with credit finally got them to take me up to $1575 but that is just not enough.  This currently has no PG, was thinking about PG'ing to try to get a real CL.  Has anyone done this, is it worth it?

I don't understand why citi is so stingy with CL for Staples but all my other citi backed business cards are over 3k with no pg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Staples Business Card

Well called today, the limit was increased $550 back in Feb so I asked for another $500 today so I could buy this HP Laser printer that is 50% off right now... they instantly declined.  I don't know what I have to do to get a decent limit on this card, I have had it since 2007 which they thanked me for but still declined me the cli!

Message 2 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Staples is not very good in CLI's. I have been trying to CLI and never got it from them.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

After getting my decline letter for CLI due to D&B I called D&B to find out that I did not have a file because I have not paid.  So I called underwriting with Staples and asked if he could pull a different report and he said Experian, which to my surprise also had no report for me.  I told him I have only had 2 small increases in the 3+ years I have had the card and my other business account with Home Depot also backed by citi was $7500.  He was super nice and went off my history with them and increased me to $2362 from my current $1575.  I should also mention I am currently about $300 over the CL of 1575 when the increase was done!  So over all I'm very happy with the outcome

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.